Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread >

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 03:50 AM

Default RE: 16- Team Official Thread

right click the photo then save it go to your profile and add it as your avitar should do the trick
Old 08-29-2006, 04:26 AM
Typical Buck

bowhuntingoh, Jerry
- the avatars in your posts look to be lower resolution than mine, I'm not sure why.

- I put the original(higher resolution) picturein an attachment to this post. Here is a suggestion for you to try. Open the file and save the image. This file is 432x385 pixels, too big for avatars - so it must be re-sized. Any photo manipulation software can do this.

-If you do not have photo software, or not sure how to work it, I use irfanview (free, user friendly, "safe" (no adware/spyware)photo software.(Here is a review in PC world and a link to download it:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file/fid,5648-order,1-page,1-c,alldownloads/description.html)
I open the picture with irfanview, click on image:resize/resample: and select a new width of 145 pixels ("preserve aspect ratio" is checkedon - this automatically sets the picture height to 129). I save the image to a file and use the HNI profile instructions to load the image into my avatar. If any of you would like it, I could provide a list of detailed step-by-step instructions.

-fsh
Old 08-29-2006, 06:01 AM

I need the detailed list---estoy stupido whem it comes to computers!
Old 08-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

Here are detailed steps to load a photo software program, re-sizean image, and loading an avatar into HNI. I hope I didn't leave too much off, and that you can understand it all... if you have problems, I may not be savy enough to sort them out; but pm me anyway with your email address, and we can go through regular email totry...
-fsh
-------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have a photo software program, skip over this section on installing Irfanview. If you do not have software to manipulate digital photos, or if you want one of the best FREE programs out there, you will need to load Irfanview[/b] onto your computer:

Click on this link (a trusted source for downloading software from the net):http://www.download.com/IrfanView/3000-2192-10021962.html?part=dl-IrfanView&subj=dl&tag=button
You should get a screen that has Irfanview 3.98 in the title: click on “download now”
You may get a security warning from your computer (“do you want to run or save this file”)– if you do get this warning, click on run; you may get another security warning that internet explorer cannot verify the publisher – click on run.
You will get “Welcome to Irfanview Set-up” with some options – the preselected options are all good, the program will load into your c drive/program files (a general default setting); click on “next” unless you are savy enough to know what changes to the default settings you’d like.
Click next until you get to the option to install Google Desktop search (default is yes). You have to decide yourself whether or not you want this program – it doesn’t affect the Irfanview installation. Choose your option to install or not, then click “next” until your “firewall” (presuming you have a firewall) asks you if you want to allow irfanview 3.98 access: click yes. Click done when the installation is complete.
[ul][/ul]

Shrinking the image to avatar size[/b]: (NOTE: I have windows xp, and am relating instructions as found on my computer – if you have a different operating system, you will have to adapt to these instructions)

Click on “attachment 1” in fshafly’s 8/29/2006 6:26:45 AM post or buckhuntinkg’s 8/28/2006 3:31:57 PMpost. Open up the image by clicking on the link (“TheUnderd..original.jpg”); “right click on the image”: this will bring up a list of options; click on “copy”.
Open up irfanview by clicking on the icon on your computer (looks like a red bug splattered against your windshield) – or click start (lower left button on the bottom of your computer screen): move your cursor to “all programs” find “irfanview" and open it by clicking on it.
When irfanview opens, you should have a black screen with no images. Click on edit (in the top tool bar): click on “paste”. This should bring up the image.
Click on "image" (top tool bar) to bring up a list. Click"resize/resample..”
“Set New Size” should appear enabled in the box, with a blue-highlighted value of “435”. Type in “145” here for the width, the height should automatically change to 129.
Click on “ok”, and the image will turn somewhat fuzzy.
Click on “file”: then “save as” and give it a name you can remember and where it is located.
[ol][/ol]

[/b]
Getting an avatar onto Hunting Net:[/b]
[/b]

The image was re-sized above so that the dimensions were 145 pixels or less on a side, per HNI rules.
At the top of the HNI page, click on “My Profile”
In the middle of a list of preferences, you will find “My avatar” with a list of options, enable Upload my picture (will replace the existing one) ; click on it to bring up a dialog box (“Select a file to upload”). Use the browse button to find the “re-sized image” and click “open”; then click "ok" in the “Select a file to upload” box – you should get an brief downloading message, and then acknowledgement that the file was successfully downloaded. At the bottom of the HNI screen, click on “apply”. Click on “ok” and you should be done.
[ol][/ol]
===================================
hmmmmm - I reloaded my avatar in the course of typing out these instructions - and it has now disappeared into the nether world; not sure if this is an HNI problem or not... oh well, if I am able to reload it later, you will know. -fsh
Old 08-29-2006, 09:51 AM

Fsh,

I tried what you said, does it look any different? I have my dial-up set to display images with a poorer quality so that they load faster, I am wondering if that is what caused it...

Jerry
Old 08-29-2006, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Jerry, no change, must be it - dialup is a bear...
-fsh
Old 08-29-2006, 06:10 PM

i have fixed my broadheads!!!!! i looked down the shaft of each arrow and my broadheads were off from my fletchings....so they were trying to spin in 2 different areas... but now all my arrows flight straight.... ok i have another dilemma though....

my deer stand is facing north... kinda.... the bedding area is south and north.... with what wind do i not sit in this stand with???
Old 08-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Typical Buck

Greetings folks; I have arrived back home from my trip to the big city. It looks like our team thread was pretty busy while I was gone. Both the team name and our avatar are great - I just have to figure out how to get the picture on my profile.

fsh, those are nice buck pictures. Hope to see one hanging with you posed by it soon. Antlereater's buck from last year is entirely tolerable, too.

As for equipment, my hunting rig is a Hoyt Razortec @ 62 lb, Trophy Ridge sight, Trap Door rest, Sims stabilizer, Muzzy 100 gr broadheads. I'm not sure how many shots I've taken recently, but I'm down from my pace of last year when I put out over 10,000 for the year between 3D and paper targets combined. The trip I just made was to the provincial Seniors Games and I took the gold in my age group (60-64).

Now I have 2 days to switch from my target Protec to the Razortec, since our season opens on Sept 1. Got lots to do between now and then.

Looks like a good team, gang. Have fun out there, and be safe.
Old 08-30-2006, 03:19 AM
Typical Buck

Congratulations Canuck on winning it all - post a pic for us. I put avatar instructions in my 8/29/2006 10:36:02 AMpost.

-fsh
Old 08-30-2006, 09:18 AM

KY,

If i am understanding this right, your smack in the middle of a bedding area or right between two of them?? That is a really tough situation to hunt, but your best waiting for the wind to blow east or west in my opinion, but deffinetly avoid a north or south wind.

Jerry

Quick Reply: 16- Team "Under Dogs" Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.