Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread >

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

good deal, i got a doe this weekend with the ol smokepole, im not seeing any buck sign yet though, maybe a couple horned trees here and there but i dont even think the pre rut is here in TN
Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

No Booner Saw some good deer just not one I wanted. Lots more hunting to go - no worries.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

youll get em next time hazcon
Old 11-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to cancel my plansfor Oklahome last weekend. It killed me!

I'm off to Kentucky Tomorrow. There's a southeastern whitetailwith my name on it-I hope!

YA'll sound like your having fun. That's what really counts. Enjoy your days in the woods! They're special!
Old 11-09-2006, 01:46 PM
Fork Horn

huckleberry, What part of Ky are you hunting?

Old 11-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

we need to start bringing home the bacon guys, the contest is getting away from us!! This will be the last weekend for me and my bow this year and then shes going up for adoption [8D]. Which means money for a new bow, man im excited for these 07's to get out
Old 11-09-2006, 09:59 PM

so heres whats been up with me. last saturday i got done with work at about 330 and went out quick for an hour or so. as i was walking down the trail i kicked up a pretty good buck and he just kept running up this dirt road. both sides are corn fields so im pretty sure he just went in there. well anyway i walked up the hill and i see 2 big things running. they were about 70 yards away and i saw they were 2 big yellow labs. when they spotted me they stopped in there tracks and ran the other way. it was a little funny but then i was pretty sure the buck was long gone. i did see another doe that night and have been going out every night this week. i saw 2 does the other night that ran past my stand and had no intention of stopping so i thought maybe there was a buck chasing but there wasnt. lots of bucks have been getting shot lately around here so there deffinately rutting but the weather has been warm so it hasnt been the best daytime movement. i still have my trail cam up and am gonna check it tomorrow. lots of rubs and scrapes so hopefully this weekend will be good. my friend hit a pretty good buck with his car last night. he was fine but the deer took out a head light and the deer was pretty banged up but ran away. well thats all i got. good luck everyone.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

unfortunately sunday will be my last day with the bow and my 11 pointer i watched oer the summer has now been killed . He was just 3 or so and he was a good deer. Well maybe there will be a bigger one next year.I may also try to get a turkey tomm. too bad we cant enter long beards

Old 11-14-2006, 08:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

... or hens, as that's all that's been around me this past week.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't had much success during archery yet. I've had shots on several smaller bucks and does but just haven't gotten close enough to finish the job on anything big.

I actually missed a shot at 120+ 8 point on November 8th - misjudging the distance I shot right under him.

Here is my Illniois Firearm buck taken Friday morning in Piatt county.

Quick Reply: 24- Team Hardwood Hunters Official Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.