Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 10-30-2006, 09:12 PM
Spike

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

well guys, i havent been out much lately, but on a road-trip to madison i saw this nice guy in someones truck.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:58 AM
Typical Buck

Great bear Kodiak,Goalie35,now lets see a picture of you and your bow with a nice buck.firemedic,we have also had high winds.Booney get that big'en and get us some points.
Team 17 has been on a roll.5 bucks with the largest being under 125,but they are leading the way.
A coworker shot a nice 7x6 on Thursday.It grossed out just shy of 149''.I went out playing yesterday and rattled in 2 bucks.They were yougins but it was fun.I may go out and scout out one of my favorite spots today.Always lots of shooter 8 pointers on this property.The youth gun season comes in the 18th,want to get an idea of what is running around for my boy to get a shot at.I'll take the horns and rattle some.Gotta do something on my days off.
Old 10-31-2006, 11:16 AM

As for Team 17 leading the way, I think we got front loaded with trophy hunters and they got a band of deer killers. We'll catch up in the end[8D]... or we'll eat tag soup[:'(]. Goat season tomorrow! I'm off for the rest of the week!!!!![8D]
Old 10-31-2006, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

I agree Kodiak,good luck chasing them goats.I know it is your favorite.You diffenetly get to hunt a variety of big game.
My brother was heading to Elk county p.a. to look at a deer camp for sale.1500 acres!Thats alot of ground around here.
I wish our other 4 members would check in every now and then.I e-mailed them,but they never responded back.I'm waiting on diesel to drill one before long.He has been seeing good deer all season.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:09 PM

Hopefully they're too busy trying to kill stuff. The rut is kicking in. We'll hear from 'em any day! 1500 acres!!!!! wow! That is a lot of country back there, good luck!
Old 11-01-2006, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

Gentlemen,just a reminder again about your score photos.There is one posted now on the score card with no bow in the photo.Another with no hunter or bow.I know this is all for fun,but lets try to follow the rules,when we get a couple for the score card.Now someone shoot something!!!!
Old 11-01-2006, 06:10 PM

Since I don't get down to my hunting grounds in Central Wisconsin to often my dad has been my eyes and ears in the scouting game. He's started bow hunting this year for the first time in about 10 years, and he's recently started to see some bucks, good sign that the rut is kicking in. I think this weekend is going to be perfect! Last night he pased on a six, tonight he took thenight off, moved the trail camera and headed to Gander Mountain. On his way, what does he see, two ten points, he said they looked like twins, a mere 40 yards from where he moved the camera hours before and about 70 yards from the stand he was hunting last night. He said they looked like twins, 17-18 inch spreads with tall racks. I can't wait for the weekend. I'll keep everyone posted. Good luck everyone!
Old 11-01-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome bear KA!! Man you are living the hunters dream arent ya bud!! Be careful out there with those big toothed critters

I had another small buck hanging around me for 2 hours, he had some monster brow tines. I got pics of him from earlier this season in velvet.Obviously hes the one in front because the one in the back I would take if given the chance.

On a side note, we had some 60mph winds here this past Saturday as well. A friend of one of our team mates (labhunter), was killed when the tree he was hunting out of fell on him and crushed him, he crawled 100 yards before he passed away. He was 36 and had 5 kids. I was talking to Labhunter about it, you could never in a million years pick a tree that would fall if40-60mph winds blew thru and have it land directly on top ofyou, just freak and unfortunate thing. Make sure you all make the best of every day because you just never know when the good lord is going to dial your number.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:50 PM
Typical Buck

I'm very sorry to hear about the death of a fellow hunter.

On a brighter side,things are kicking up here in SE Ohio.I saw two big bucks that had cut and separated does away from herds.This was just on my drive home from work.It was good too see alittle action.
As you may have noticed,the photo rules were not followed and put to a vote by the captains.If time would have allowed I would have left my vote up to you guys.I did vote to allow the enteries.Being this is just for fun,and I would rather win by my team holding its own in the field,then by disqualifing enteries.We win or loose by our own actions.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I dont mind either of them entering, its all for fun and friendship anyways. Saw yet another medium size 2.5 year old tonight. Man this is just killing me, sooo many nice young bucks, next year should be a really nice one with potentially big bucks,

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.