Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 32- Team  S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread: >

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Old 08-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: 32- Team Official Thread

Well my fellow hunters,What is your largest bow kill ? My largest is a typical 6x6 with 2 kickers.He scored 156 5/8 P&Y.I'm still trying to top that one.I tend to let alot of bucks walk,holding out for a good one.Some times you eat a tag doing that but I always fill my doe tags early.I love to shoot a big mature doe.They are always on red alert.I won't eat my tag this year.I'll hold out untill just before the gun season like last year and take one for the team,for the points.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:54 PM

My biggest deer so far was an 8 pt. whitetail from NY that was in about the 100 class. Nothing impressive but a decent representative of the species. Since then my focus has switched away from deer toward AK game. I've taken a P&Y moose and of course the brown bear in my avatar. This year I'm after a P&Y blacktail but I've got to get it done by November so that I can switch gears toward mountain goat and the world record class bear I've been after for the last two years (goats when I can get into the mountains and the bear when I can't).
Old 08-24-2006, 06:47 PM

The Last To Check In!!
Thanks Ohio Bowhunter for the email, I didn't think they were going to pick teams until the beginning of September. Well, my name is Paul. I'm 23 and have been seriously bowhunting for a few years now. Last year I had the joys of having knee acl reconstruction surgery a week before the Wisconsin bow opener.Made it quite difficult to get out in the woods but I managed to harvest a doe and passed on a few bucks. Since last season I've moved to the U.P. of Michigan. I'll be hunting the lower U.P. and hopefully (Home) Central Wisconsin when I can. I've come across a few decent bucks up here, a few 8's but nothing worth too much bragging! Any teamname is fine with me.

Paul
Old 08-24-2006, 09:30 PM
Fork Horn

Great, all of our team has checked in.

Kodiak, I have to agree with Ohio. You are living in a hunters paradise. One of the guys at the firehouse went fishing on the Kenai in July. Fishing was pretty poor, they actually shut down the river for a couple days. I have made it a personal vow to hunt Alaska at least once, preferably sooner than later.

Ohio:my best was taken last year in the back of my subdivision. I was just trying to get some video footage and get a shot ata mature doe. Out of nowhere came a mainframe 8 pt with 2 kickers off the left bow time. Grossed 112".I unfortunately didn't get the kill on video, but I do have the deer on my wall.

Old 08-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Spike

hey paul,

where in central wi do u call home? i live in wausau.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Spike

o yea, i meant to post this with my last one but i just remembered it now. i bought this product called "Buck Jam" with the corn flavor and just got it to try out to see if it worked. it comes in a gallon jug so you get alot for the small amount you pay for it. mine was on sale for $5.99 @ Wal-Mart. i took it up to my grandma's house because i grew up at her house everyday for 14 years of my life and i know theres deer there. i poured about a 50 sent piece size strip about 3 inches long on the ground about a week and a half ago. i go up there today to do a little yard work for her, and look at the spot where i poured the Buck Jam and WOW!!! the deer had pawed a hole in the ground about 4-5" deep and scraped away the top layer of grass/dirt all around where i poured it. so i put a little more out because that stuff works!!! just giving u guys a head up to look for it @ your local stores and maybe give it a try because it obviously drives them crazy for it.

http://www.wingsupply.com/shop/Scripts/prodViewSKU.asp?SKU=31303

alex
Old 08-25-2006, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

I poured a jug of the apple flavor buck jam over a pile of corn that is in front of my trail cam a few days ago. I'm hoping to get a couple close ups of a few bucks that I've only been able to get glimses of. Hopefully it will bring them in similar to the results that you have had.
Old 08-25-2006, 11:37 AM

Cool! We're all checked in, Ohio is our captain, now we need Arjuna to edit the post title to add "32-Team Silent but Deadly". Now if I could just find where that darn big 4 point (10 point to you E. coast boys) that gave me the slip last November got to... >>>------->
Old 08-25-2006, 01:16 PM
Typical Buck

Great everyone is here and ready to go. fire_medic that is a great looking buck.Kodiak,that is the great thing about Alaska.The variety of game avalible.The last elk was killed in my county in 1888. I have seen one black bear that was traveling through.He was shot by a scared farmer the next week.Moose would be a blast.Keep looking for that blacktail.They claim they are harder to hunt than whitetail.
Old 08-25-2006, 01:22 PM
Typical Buck

Booney glad to meet you.I hope that knee is working good for ya,.Lets see if you can live up too that name.LOL

Quick Reply: 32- Team S.B.D.: " Silent But Deadly" Official Thread:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.