Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2006 Deer Hunting Contest
 (20) Official Team "XX" Thread >

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Community
2006 Deer Hunting Contest All of your 2006 Deer Hunting Contest info can be found here.

(20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

You know what they say about counting chickens, Wheatley. Just kidding - you guys are really cleaning house this fall - it will take a solid effort for us to close the gap, but if the past is any indicator of the future,I wouldn't get too comfortable.
Old 11-13-2006, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Quick and Ryan who wants to have a new team not me. I will try and do my part but time is quickly running out. I will be out hunting the rest of the week I am taking off from work to go out and hunt. Good luck to the rest of you out hunting and be safe.

William
Old 11-13-2006, 07:28 PM

Well guys, the luck changed a little for me (Snapped a belt on a piece of equipment so I can hunt until it the new part comes in and the weather clears which means I have been out 2 of the last 3 days)... Can't say that I have gotten a shot but dang it if I didn't see a nice 8 point walk behind me.. Just was too far away when I did have a good shot and no shot when he was close. As far as I could tell he was completely unaware of my precense but darn it if that wasn't annoying. Had a bunch of does come by but I let them go as I kept hoping a buck would be following behind them.. At least I am seeing them during the day now and they sure are moving around in the open now.. Shotgun starts Friday so I need to get something taken care of before than because if I don't.. Well, it will be till mid December before things start settling down again and the deer that survive the deer drives and orange army are just a little bit smarter than they were in October.

Good luck all, still a lot of time left in the season and all it takes is a buck or two and we are right back in it..

Old 11-14-2006, 12:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lets go team XX. I dont want a new team next year!!!!

good luck guys.
Old 11-14-2006, 09:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Who's next guys? I'm with you guys on not wanting to break up the team. I really don't like any of you guys, but nobody likes change.Just kidding around, lets win this thing, I need some new Scentlock socks LOL
Old 11-14-2006, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I've been away for several days. Playing catch up here at work too. The weather here has been horrible pretty much the past week, excessive rain and wind mostly..some sloppy snow mixed in. 70 mile/hour winds yesterday left us stranded at home with no power and trees blowing over in the highway.

Back to hunting.

Quick, great job bud on finishing out the season! Another one on the board for the XX!

Mark awesome buck again, love the pics!

Keep chopping wood guys...no lead is out of reach with 5 of us on the board andas much time as we have left.

Hunting for me this week is Wed after work, Friday off all day ..the weekend. Have to work Mon/Tuesday next week then have 5 more days off for Thanksgiving.

Mike, William, Darren, Anthony- Glad you seen a good one) Good luck guys!

Troy

Old 11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Il rancher, good luck man, all it takes is a few moments to have one come in for a shot.
William, you too. Its the best time of the year, the bucks should really be cruising

Hey Troy there ya are. Looks like ya got some good time afield coming up, best of luck.
Power loss is not a fun thing to deal with.
Old 11-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, just checking in to let you all know I am still alive and well. Looks like we have our work cut out for us in this game. Lots of time left tho. I think we can still pull it off, it just seems strange after kicking but so early last year. I have until the last day of December yet to get one on the ground, so hopefully I can come thru. I plan on hitting it hard this coming weekend. Shotgun season ended today, and Muzzleloader starts not this coming weekend, but next weekend, so it would be nice to have some luck this week, before the guns come back out. Goodluck to everyone, lets get this done, so we can stay together again next year.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I scored my buck at 147, with deductions I think it will be about 143 1/8.
Man he is beautifull.
Good luck guys.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mark,

Nice buck forsure. I figured he would be close to 150. Tall tines..your later photos showed his spread a little better, I thought he was a little wider in that first photo.

So have you picked out a position you are going to have him mounted? Full sneak, Semi? ears forward back??? etc.. He's going to look great adorning the wall!

Couldn't sleep this morning..got up about 3:30 a.m. checked my front yard for deer, nothing, buthad the sameyoung but dandy4x5 feeding in it last night about 10pm to 11 pm.. there were 4 does too and none showed signs of being in heat yet....I love just sitting and watching them, funny how he knows he safe there at night just 10-20 yards from my window..sure hope he makes the season he'll be a hawg in two years!

I'm either hunting the point tonight by my home or behind my place for yeller..havent decided yet..how bout you guys decide for me!

Point stand is set up 30 yards from a nasty thicket of brush and timber..bedding area...I always see deer in there 100 % so far this season..last set I had 4-5 does come out and a 130 class buck...that I have seen several times...at night down on the road..pass through....two years ago I had a dandy150+ class 5x5 walk through there on me in late Dec.

or...Yellers ground blind..newly constructed and moved closer to his exit route from his bed... he could be around..or out on his rutting routes????

Choose for me guys..I will have about 1.5 hours of light to hunt...either..

Quick Reply: (20) Official Team "XX" Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.