Community

Official Team #11 Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 04:57 AM

Default RE: Official Team #11 Thread

deersmoker243 here sir and ready for action.....(checkin in)
Old 10-03-2005, 06:10 AM
Typical Buck

been busy with the archery forums. season in va opens november 19, for rifle, a week earlier for smoke pole.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Let's all congratulate Hoyt3 for his doe last night w/ the bow!
Good job!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Everybody must be busy bowhunting...! Hoyt3, you've been slaying them... 4 does now? That is awesome.
I passed on a doe w/ 2 yearlings this morning. Don't know how I feel about it yet. Time will tell. I don't see alot of deer in MA during bow.

I may regret that!
Old 10-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Typical Buck

gone hunting for 4 days and then huntign again for 3 days and saw only does can't shoot them and we saw a young calf moose but no paddles can't shoot it either
Old 11-06-2005, 01:06 PM

Muzzleloader opening up sat.. Ive seen a few deer here and there during bow season but I just havent connected. I'll still be hunting my bow stand in one of the 4 bow only counties in WV, but I'll switch to firearm here in Va. I sure am craving some venison, hopefully Sat will be the day!! Good luck all.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:00 AM
Typical Buck

w. ma hunter-yeah, been doing alot of bowhunting. giving this week off as I really muffed the opener of muzzleloader. I shot four does and missed as many. the only year I don't have a rangefinder...lost it last year, and man could I have used it this year. missed a doe last friday at 30 yds (my fault, range error) and then AGAIN at 40. that time wasn't my fault though, I knicked a branch. the arrow was true for 35 yds. I am hoping that the area I am hunting holds true to seasons past. aka, alot of out of area bucks come in to breed the does. seen a few nice ones in the two other seasons I've been here.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:41 PM

O.k., according to the rules I can enter my second deer kill if I'm readin that right. I bagged a 6 point but after lookin at some of the other guys photos in the submission thread, I think I'll wait and see if I get one alittle bigger . Dont get my wrong, this is my first deer in 3 years, and my first ever since I moved to VA. Not only that but I came from a bow only county so its my first with a rifle so I'm tickled plumb pink. AND my family will really enjoy the meat.However, I know there are bigger in the area, so with 2 more buck tags I think I'll hold out and see what happens.
Old 11-20-2005, 09:30 PM

A trophy is in the eye of the beholder. Heres my trophy . This was my first kill since my son was born and he had a blast with the deer!! I might just make a hunter out of him one day!!

Old 11-22-2005, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

well boys and girls, I got out for the opener in va only to get skunked. couldn't believe it. went out yesterday morning and shot a big doe. driving out, my buddy and I see a buck chasing a doe. no fulfillment from getting out and shooting like that, so we waited. this deer is the best I've seen in my area. somewhere right about 16" and 8 points. dark rack and heavier than usual antlers. I jumped him and his lady friend going in to the stand yesterday eve, but couldn't get a shot. passed a five pointer. this am, I sat a really thick spot and shot a doe at a whopping 18 yds with my 30-06. she didn't go far. she picked me off bad because I was yacking on my radio. pick me off will ya?? she is a doe that I shot at 2 seasons ago and the bullet deflected and killed another deer, but not before taking the end of her tail off. that is how I know it was the same doe. she is about four and a half years old. I'll just upload one pic for now.

Quick Reply: Official Team #11 Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.