Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Gun Deer Contest
 Official Team 7 Thread....! >

Official Team 7 Thread....!

Community

Official Team 7 Thread....!

Old 10-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 7 Thread....!

Been outwith the smokepole a few times, seeing lots but nothing I could flick the safety on just yet. I had an encounter with my berrry nice buck a few evenings ago but the shot never presented itself. I have since decided to not tempt myself again and moved back to my originalspot. I won't bore you with all the details but he is now living on posted landthat butts up to my property.[:'(] I am hopeful in the coming days he'll start wanting to be where the ladies are, as luck would have it that is where I am situated!

I may be heading north for a few days in Nov. to try to fill my second either tag with the rifle. So maybe a decent bush buck will pop out his nose.

Still lots of time season closes here Dec. 3rd and rut is a comin'!!!

Best of luck team members!!!
Old 10-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

Alright Buck, moose & Skeeter. You're our "lead off" guys. Good luck out there and be safe. Let's put some inches on the scoreboard!

Hoss1 & I aren't shotgunning til 18th of Nov. - we're so anxious we're chasing our tails around the house. (atleast Hoss has a girlfriend).
Old 10-27-2005, 01:05 PM

I have lots of time too as I still have till Nov 30 I belive.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:33 AM

Cammon boys what is the situation with the deer?
Old 11-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Not shots firedfor me, seen some good bucks but am holding out for "The Hawg" this year. I am heading out this evening for a sit, so hopefully I'll cross paths with him tonight. If not I am out till mid next week but plan to give her snot for the next 7 days..maybe even drag out the long stick for a few and see if I can't find something North.

Best of luck

Old 11-03-2005, 01:44 PM

Hey guys no luck here yet. The rut is getting very close and i found some new areas that i am looking forward to hunting.
Old 11-07-2005, 11:07 AM

Good Luck Buckfever!
Old 11-07-2005, 10:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Still buckless in Saskatchewan!!! Although haven't been out since last weds, did a little scouting yesterday am (no sunday hunting here) and am pretty pumped for the next week. Caught a glimpse of 1 of the deer I am hoping for and found his playground is slightly altered but I can adapt! I found loads of rubs, scrapes and will be hoping for the right wind to give this little hole a shot with the rattling horns. I also saw a 5x5 I believe that Ipassed at my other location last weds evening. If so,it appears maybe I was bit off in my estimate to his attributes he looked pretty good in broad daylight at less than 30 yards hot on the heels of a unwanting doe. WhenI saw him last week it was overcast and to dark for me to make the call so I passed him even though well within legal the last thing I wanted to do was say OOPS. Oh well sometimes your the boot and others your the a$$! I have my fingers crossed that wasn't my chance for 05', mind you he wasn't either of the 2 I had my intial sights set on so...them fly bys don't count...RIGHT???

I can't wait for weds to come.

Best of luck all, hope we start putting a few up on the board soon!
Old 11-08-2005, 01:09 PM

Hey Guys,

I've been busy since I last posted. I was offered and accepted a position with another company which required me to relocate from Houston, TX to Phoenix, AZ. I am still going to hunt my lease in TX this year, but will only get about 8 days of hunting. I will be at the ranch from 11/19-11/27, and hopefully I can contribute to the team.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:22 PM

TEAM #2 .........YEAH!!!!!

Quick Reply: Official Team 7 Thread....!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.