HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow-72/)
-   -   Contest DVD (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow/113445-contest-dvd.html)

HAZCON7 09-19-2005 11:42 AM

Contest DVD

I plan to make a 30 minute DVD ofthe all the deer entered in this year's contest and mail a copy to each member of the winning team. Theirnames and entries will be highlighted in the video. IF that is alright with everyone.
If there is anyone who doesn't want their deer photo used, please send me a private message.

Deer902 09-19-2005 01:09 PM

RE: Winning Team Prize

Sounds like a good idea. Could you sell the videos to the non winners?

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-19-2005 01:14 PM

I think that is a wonderful gesture on your part and can't imagine anyone not wanting their entry in it...there may be others of us who might want to purchase a copy to help with expenses...

HAZCON7 09-19-2005 01:24 PM

No, I don't want to charge anyone for the DVD - thats not my intent here.

I'll send everyone who responds to this message, that is currently entered in the competition, the DVD free of charge. Everyone's entry (who doesn't mind) will be included in the DVD, but the winning team's entries will be FEATURED.

You can PM me with your address any time between now and say 2 weeks after the official end of the competition.

MO_Bowhnter 09-19-2005 03:53 PM

Sounds like an awesome idea to remember the harvests of all members of the contest. Thanks HAZCON!

D3ViLzIcOn 09-19-2005 04:06 PM

That is a great Idea. Thank You Haz for that offer.

JeramyK 09-19-2005 04:21 PM

I'd love to have one whether we win or lose. I think it's a great idea! Thanks Haz!

HAZCON7 09-19-2005 04:27 PM

No problem at all guys.
I've been looking for a way to get my DVDs out as samples anyhow.

If you plan to get a big buck then think ahead and take some video.... That would integrate very well into what I plan to do.

DoubleLung55 09-19-2005 04:38 PM

Wow hazcon that will be nice.....shame we rnt on the same team again this year, but we should get small trophies with a lil buck on em lol that would be fun but thats alota $ and that so i like the video thing

jamiebuck 09-19-2005 04:48 PM

wow hazcon thats great your going to do that
i couldnt understand if someone wouldnt want there pic in there,

Illinois Bowhuntin 09-19-2005 05:32 PM

Need to have Hazcon come down here and hunt with me.I could give him some great bucks to video me shooting.Maybe even let him shoot one of the monsters I am after.
Hazcon you know I want a dvd my friend.I also agree this is very generous of you to offer this for everyone.

mobow 09-19-2005 05:39 PM

Yet another reason why this is the greatest website going!! Thanks Hazcon!! Be expecting my addy in your inbox soon!!

MOTOWNHONKEY 09-19-2005 05:46 PM

I agree and speaking on behalf of our team Passthru 22 we would like to thank you for being the feature team. Thanks again.

RackLuster 09-19-2005 06:17 PM

people aren't going to mind paying a nominal fee for the dvd.if there's 100 people that want the dvd, why should you get stuck paying shipping on all those? Anyway, sign me up! I'll pm you my address.

Justin 09-19-2005 07:49 PM

Keep in mind that HNI will be putting a prize pack together this year as well. Last years winners got $100 gift certificates to Keystone Country Store, an HNI shirt, and an HNI hat.

Of couse, my team will be going home with the trophy this year, so I'll have to make sure the prize is something extra special.

RattleSnake1 09-19-2005 11:50 PM

Pretty cool idea Hazcon, sounds like it will be real nice and a bit of a collectible, I'd like one win or loose.

121553 09-20-2005 12:05 AM

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Keep in mind that HNI will be putting a prize pack together this year as well. Last years winners got $100 gift certificates to Keystone Country Store, an HNI shirt, and an HNI hat.

Of couse, my team will be going home with the trophy this year, so I'll have to make sure the prize is something extra special.
Justin, you failed to mention the 8x10 autographphoto of yourself, mine is all shot out, I need another one for target practice, thanks. ;)

Bobby

270 win. 09-20-2005 05:43 AM

sounds cool to me

Trapper_Hunter 09-20-2005 06:06 AM

Thats awesome....

SIDEWAYS 09-20-2005 06:34 PM

That is an excellent idea Hazcon!!!
Since you do not want payment for the DVD's I am willing to make a small donation to offset the cost of the dvd's.Say $10.00

bowngun88 09-20-2005 08:21 PM

Great idea!!! I would deffinatly like one.

ron3775 09-20-2005 09:25 PM

this is awesome. I agree with the others. This could get alittle expensive for you (cost of the dvds and shipping cost), so if there is any fee that would be needed, let me know. HNIJustin that is pretty cool as well.

StealthyOne 09-21-2005 02:10 PM

Excellent idea indeed!
Would be even sweeter if there is some real footage submitted.
I agree with the others. If it cost a buck or two it is well worth it.

BigDaddy12t 09-21-2005 03:54 PM

Count me in, I would love to have one, win or lose. And I am more than wiling to chip in on the cost.

HAZCON7 09-21-2005 04:17 PM

I'm hoping some of you guys will take some 20-30second video clips of your bucks either while scouting or before gutting to put on the DVD, that would really make it great! Remember, most digital cameras have the ability to also take 30 seconds of video with sound. If you're not sure, send me your make/model name and I'll tell you if it will and how to do it if so. You can either post your videos online or email them to me separately at hhdproductions(at)yahoo.comand I will save them until its time to finish the DVD.

Good luck guys

HAZCON7 09-22-2005 10:18 AM

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am receiving your PMs and even though I haven't replied to them, I am keeping your addresses in a safe place ;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 09-22-2005 10:28 AM

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

I'm hoping some of you guys will take some 20-30second video clips of your bucks either while scouting or before gutting to put on the DVD, that would really make it great! Remember, most digital cameras have the ability to also take 30 seconds of video with sound. If you're not sure, send me your make/model name and I'll tell you if it will and how to do it if so. You can either post your videos online or email them to me separately at hhdproductions(at)yahoo.comand I will save them until its time to finish the DVD.

Good luck guys
I'll do as much as I can, perhaps even the shot on video

youngfart 09-22-2005 10:49 AM

Dang Haz
That's awsome that you can do that, I'm sure theirs a lot from the contest who will be submitting you their addy to get one. God Bless my friend. I'll get Team #4 to submitt their entrie's to you when the time comes.
Youngfart [8D]

antlergetter 09-22-2005 11:18 AM

That would be awesome!! I also would be willing to help with the cost if need be. Thanks HAZ!!!

sfletch 10-12-2005 03:44 PM

Appriciate all the work on the DVD.
Thanks
sfletch

nubo 10-12-2005 06:34 PM

Haz!

That's one hell of a great idea ,I know for a fact that I would like to have one ,but I'm sure your going to get a pile of people on here who will as well.But if you can I'll put my name on the list . But if you can't I'll understand as well.

nubo

HAZCON7 11-03-2005 12:42 PM

Don't forget to take your video camera with you for a featured role in the prize DVD - I know some of you heavy hitters can swing it.

shed33 11-03-2005 12:58 PM

Man I am sorry for overlooking this post....Great Idea HAZ! very cool!

HAZCON7 11-15-2005 03:33 PM

I got some excellent video footage of my hunt down in southern Illinois. Got a couple decent bucks on tape and am transferring them to my computer to add to the DVD tonight. Remember to get some footage if you are able. You can either save it to disk, email it to me, or send me the tape, and I will include it in the DVD.I know some of you guys already have some good footage to add, just need to get it to me. PM me for a mailing address.

MDManiac 11-16-2005 12:22 AM

sounds liek a great idea!!!

badshotbob 11-18-2005 06:29 AM

I overlooked this post some how. That's an awesome idea and a very generous gesture, Haz! Thanks.

Let me know if you'd like me to send a better gif or jpg of Team 8's logo for the feature part of the video. I have several higher rez versions.;):D

zak123 11-20-2005 11:48 PM

I have a suggestion- Why don't we each send in a picture of us hunting this year, trying to score for the contest. The ones that do score will use their kill picture, while the ones who do not score will still be mentioned, and will have a picture of them having fun. This is just a suggestion though.

HAZCON7 11-21-2005 06:20 AM

Thats a good idea. Should we post them on this thread or email them???

A.D.D. BOY 11-21-2005 03:16 PM

Sounds cool.

HAZCON7 11-27-2005 06:43 PM

I've got the DVD started. All of the title scenes and logo shots are up, as well as the contest entries so far. This thing is looking great!
But - I've only got like 30 people who have sent me their address requesting a DVD.
Remember, this DVD is completely free - and I'm covering the shipping too.