Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Double X" (20)

Old 10-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Team 20 offical thread

Troy,
Nice one man. Loved the story. Congrats on such a dandy buck.

Go Team XX
Old 10-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Troy -

I read the story, and it sounds like you got to watch him for quite a while before taking the shot. Sometimes, I think it's easier on the nerves when they come through dogging a doe, and you just draw andturn it loose- everything happens fast. When you get to watch him mill around, scent checking, you just start to wonder "what can go wrong here?" and minutes seem like hours. I couldn't see the wounds in any of the pics, but it sounds like you made a perfect shot a pretty good distance, too.

What did the bases on thatbuck measure, anyway?

A few years ago, in early November, I killed a pretty nice buck that sneaked through some pines behind me in the rain. All the while, I had a mock scrape made and was estrous bleating with the wind in my face. I heard the brush crack, and there he was, walking out from under my stand. I was so wet, that I never heard him coming. That was a real "OHHH CHEET moment." Well, the blasted deer was standing in the wide-open woods, pawing up my scrape and licking at my scent wicks, and Icouldn't draw - hell, he was so close, I couldn't even blink. I had to wait for him to start leaving before I could draw and shoot. Watching that lip-curl really makes your heart pound. It's a pleasant surprise to have the big buck come in unannounced, but it really makes for heart-wrenching showdown.

You said that you hadn't seen him all season - and that made me wonder - are you guys allowed to spotlight in Idaho, or must all of your scouting be done in the daytime?

Legal to spotlight in PA until 11 p.m., and I've finally been seeing some good bucks lately - they wereA.W.O.L. for about 3 weeks.

Man, I haven't had much in the line of time to get out this year. I was telling Rybo that I'm kinda glad I took that smallish one on opening day. 9-5 M-F and no Sunday hunting here. Between social events, work, family stuff, work extracurriculars, Fiancee and Weddings, I'm buried.

Edit: STRIKE THAT - We are NOT winning, but we're in a close second.
MMMM.... That Second Place HNI victory hat sure will feel nice on my balding dome.... So soft, so warm.

Old 10-18-2005, 04:20 PM

Wow... Congrats Shed... And that is a a big old grin on your happy face too, lol.. That is a big old bruiser of a deer.. Wow again.. Seeing a deer like that is just added motivation to get back out there..Wow...

Anthony

Old 10-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Troy that's the way to put the hammer down!!!! That is an awsome buck. I read the story and it felt like I was right thier with you. Congrats on a beautiful buck. That puts us in great shape to win this thing, now I just need to get out thier and start seeing something. I can't wait to get back in the woods. Good luck to the rest of you and hopefully we can all put the hammer down on something this year.

William
Old 10-18-2005, 04:33 PM

Shed just another awesome buck to add to your collection. You continually kill large mature animals year after year. Congrats to a fine hunter on a great buck.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Man Troy, WAY TO GO!!!

That is a great buck..... Congrats on the slammer!

That's a hell of a buck taken by an excellent hunter and archer!

Best of luck with your second tag.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

WOW!! Great Buck Troy! Nice story too. Wish I could just see one like that.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:29 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Troy

Just got in from work and Tyler said you scored on a big one. Had to check it out. Man, his is a good one!! Congratson him and the bull elk you also got.You've been busy!!

Tim
Old 10-18-2005, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not to change the subject, guys, but I'm playing poker (hold 'em)online, and I'm down $10. I can't get any cards, and it's really starting to frustrate me.

Lost most of it to a set of(pocket) 9's. I had 2 pairs. It was a $25 pot, too.

I just needed a place to venta littlefrustration. Back to the table.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:50 PM

Now Quick.. You need to remember.. He who gambles lives in shambles... lol... Never got into poker, played a bit back in college and highschool but have never really liked it... I don't have a good poker face and am a terrible liar. Used to love to bet on sports.. Was pretty good at it too but am glad I quit doing that.. It would have caught up to me eventually I am sure..Good luck with your game, I guess at least online they can't try to read your poker face..

Quick Reply: Official Team "Double X" (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.