Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Fear This (24) Thread >

Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 04:29 PM

Default RE: Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Haz, I picked up the rubberneck today. I love the sound. I'll
try it out if I get a chance tomorrow with my daughter on our
youth hunt. We shot today and she is holding a 3" group at 100yds.
Not to bad for a 12 year old.

Good luck Rick. When will you be hunting VT for rifle?

Good luck RI. How is it looking for sign down there. I will be there
on monday. Have you seen alot of turkeys. I still Have a tag.

WI, my daughter is looking for a buck this year. I think we have
one that has moved into our farm. Nice big track.......well see
if she can hold out. Good luck

G
Old 11-04-2005, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

G-
Good luck on the youth hunt.

Went to my spot in Lebanon CTthis afternoon. I saw 5 turkeys, too far for a shot tho even if I did have tags. Wind was blowing pretty good, and the deer were pretty skittish. I saw about 15-16 deer throughout the evening, if any had horns I didn't see them. Most were way out of range. Just when I was about to climb down 2 does jumped the fence I was next to and stood broadside at about 40 yards, but they were skittish and it was getting pretty dark, so I passed. On my climb down, I noticed a deer silhouet right behind a tree I ranged at 24 yards. It didn't hang out long, lol. Probably won't get out again til Sun am, I'll hunt a little closer to home in RI, maybe a half hour away. I'll check out the CT spot again next week if I get a chance to take time off from work (wich is likely...)
Old 11-08-2005, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Things are going well on my week long southern Illinois hunt. I've finally located a few hotspots, now just have to narrow them down to THE spot. I rattled in a couple of decent bucks this evening. Seeing a lot of deer movement from 4pm to dark, even in the nearly 80 degree weather we're having today.

GOOD LUCK GUYS - SCORE BIG, SCORE SMALL, JUST SCORE !!!
Old 11-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I was really optomisitic about this afternoon, but no luck. I hunted CT today, wind was much worse than predicted, and I was afraid my tree might blow down at times with me in it... Had to be better than 40 mph winds. Bright side, I found an awesome spot to hang a stand, it looked really good, but just no movement today. All I saw was one doe about maybe 150 yards away along the field edge. I'm running out of time for scoring in CT. Maybe one more shot on Monday if the weather cooperates. I'll keep at it in RI though.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I haven't updated much...been hunting a lot while not working...saw a very impressive buck Saturday morning....But with the wind I couldn't get his attention to stop him while he browsed around the bank on the same flat that I was on. Definelty a 9...maybe a 10 depending on the other side of his rack. Will be trying again this afternoon.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a great time down in southern Illinois. Check out this great big 11 point that was within 30 yards of my camper Weighed over 250lbs and will score over 150. Too bad I can't enter my second buck
Old 11-14-2005, 09:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck HAZCON7! I'm taking off from work now to give the CT early season one last shot. Weather will be a little warm, but its gonna beat the miserable wind I had on Friday. Wouldn't you know that at this spot I've been hunting in RI that I haven't been seeing much action at, my friend who hooked me up with the property is just getting back into hunting. He went out for the first time in years with his ML on Sunday AM and a nice 8 walked right by him! He didn't get a shot, but heard a couple of shots shortly after and thinks it might have been at the same buck. Oh well... I'll keep hunting there and keep my fingers crossed...
Old 11-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from CT. I knew that was a good spot to hang a stand, lol. When the sun started getting low, I saw 2 does off to my right and behind me, they didn't come in. They may have winded me. A few minutes later, I heard movement in a couple of different directions. One doe walked in on a trail that would have taken her under my stand, but she jumped the creek as I'd hoped (a little deer dander scent trail laid out to help me there) and walked the trail on the other side of the creek. She stopped at a tree I ranged right at 20 and gave me a nice broadside shot. I wanted to wait for the big boy, but I was losing light and that might have been my last shot at it. Here's where it gets not so good... I think I made a good shot, 15 minutes pass and I got down and checked out my arrow. Clean pass through, bright red blood on the vanes, lots of hair, but I didn't see any blood trail. I saw her cross the creek and run down the trail she came in on, so I packed up my gear, went back to the car, got my lantern, and came back 45 mins later (1 hour since the shot). I couldn't find any blood at all... so much for my muzzy 4 blade. I followed the trail for a while hoping I would find her piled up, but no such luck. Its my first bow shot deer btw... Its a pain in the butt, but I'm gonna take the 1.5 hr drive in the AM and hope I can find her. Wish me luck...
Old 11-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice buck Haz. It is too bad we can't enter the second one. Oh well at least someone is getting something.

RI that is too bad you hadn't found her yet. I hope you have and that you just haven't posted here yet. Don't really know what to say other then good luck.

I have not had any luck yet. Very windy and raining lately. Going out this weekend for the gun opener and I will be taking the bow. I will probably sit with bow in the mornings and evenings and have the gun ready while I am at the cabin eating lunch and stuff.
Old 11-15-2005, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

No joy in CT. Got my kid off to school today and skipped workto try and find that doe. Found one leaf with some blood on it and a few hairs about 50 yards from where I shot her, and nothing else. I looked for 5 hours. I quit at 2 when it started raining steady and heavy. I'll be kicking myself over this one for a while.

Quick Reply: Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.