Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Fear This (24) Thread >

Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 07:06 PM

Default RE: Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

RI, I'll be hunting around Windsor. You will only be about 35 minutes away. There are good deer where I am. I'm told that there
are more deer around that area...so good luck. I might go to my uncles for a little. He lives in Cheshire. Last year there were a pile of turkeys there with a couple 20lb toms I had in bow range. This year I have tags.
G
Old 09-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well BigG, I don't do the fall turkey thing, though I probably should. I sometimes find myself surrounded. The property owners in Lebanon are dead set against turkey hunting, they think the birds keep the tick population down. While I was scouting the other day, My wife was relaxing in the car watching what i was kicking up when I went into the woods, a few does, fox, and she saw a small flock of turkeys. I was picking up feathers evereywhere, lol. If you need a turkey hunting partner next spring, let me know, lol. Your uncle's place sounds like the place to be! I got a nice Tom in East Hampton CT this past spring. I may check that property out for deer this fall too. I'm a little dissapointed in the Lebanon property. Good deer sign, but also my 100 acres turned into 30 b/c the landowner who gave me permission said that his brother owns 70 and he would probably let me hunt. Turns out he already has peeps hunting his property. What's worse is the 30 I have permission to hunt on also has a husband/wife that hunt it as well. The two best spots I found already had stands up nearby. Oh well, I'll be out on Thursday, we'll see what happens!
Old 09-13-2005, 05:07 PM

RI, There is some public land I believe down your way. Hey, I wouldn't pass up pudlic land without checking it out. Of the 5 bucks in 7 years 4 came off public land. I go down the end of Sept. to scout for deer, but more so for hunters. Remember public land boarders private.......hunt the edges.

My dad got a 26lb tom and my uncle got a 23lb in Wolcott at my cusines place.

G
Old 09-13-2005, 07:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vogt_51

I dont want to sound cocky or anything guys.....but our logo is one of, if not THE, best one i have seen.......Great Job HAZON!!!!
It sure is. Everything flow's perfectly....others have good logo's but the team members names are just thrown on. Our's all piece's together perfectly.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

BigG-
The president of my R&G club had trail timers on some public land in CT with a bunch of hits. I may check out some of that land with him a little later on in the month. Also, I just got off of the phone with the East Hampton landowner, he is going to verify its okay with the Mrs. that its okay with her for me to hunt there, and I'll find out tomorrow. This past spring, he told me there wasn't much whitetail activity there, but tonight he said there have been a bunch of activity.... You don't suppose the apples in his back yard has anything to do with it, do ya? Also, there is a ghost buck he has seen on the property once, supposed to be a bruiser. I scored some add'l private property in RI I haven't had a chance to look at yet, but I hope to get out Sunday to check it out. I have some other property in RI to hunt, public and private come 1 October, so this frustration is kind of temporary.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Typical Buck

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vogt_51

I dont want to sound cocky or anything guys.....but our logo is one of, if not THE, best one i have seen.......Great Job HAZON!!!!
Just realized I put "HAZON" and not HAZCON......Sorry HAZCON!!! Just correcting myself........and topping our team's thread.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:52 PM

RI, Did you see anything? I was thinking our thread had alittle dust on it..... Well as long as we post when it counts the most.
G
Old 09-17-2005, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I've got good news and bad news. The Good news is that I'll be able to hunt opening weekend now. The Bad news is, at the last minute they cancelled my trip to New Orleans.
Louisiana decided at the last minute that they only wanted full time firefighters to volunteer their time [:@]. So the chief told them that if we all can't go then none of us will go! I've got to give him credit for that one but unfortunately that won't pay for the $300 I spent on the packing list they sent out, the 5 hours of work I missed, or the distress its caused my employer and family from having to change plans last minute, twice.[&o]
So anyhow, I'll be around.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

BigG-
I was on stand getting lightly rained on for about maybe 2 hours when the sky opened up. I called it a day. I had 6 turkeys within 20 yards of my stand but didn't see any deer, except for one doe standing on the side of the road as I was driving there. I canned Friday because of the forcast, but should have hunted tho. Its about an hour and a half drive, so I didn't want a repeat of Thursday. Today my daughter had plans, so I couldn't make it. I will take a day or 2 next week and probably next Saturday. I have the all clear to hunt some property in East Hampton too, I may just check that out one day. Did you get out at all?
Old 09-18-2005, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good news that you'll be around for opening day. Can't wait to see some of the reports from you guys when season opens.

Quick Reply: Official Team Fear This (24) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.