Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread >

Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

I stop in everyday.Just not much happening.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

We gotta pump it up now gang! 3 weeks to most everyone's (including mine) opening day.Mylastscouting trip is next weekend. I found the food, the water, the bedding and the deer. Now I've got to pick my trees and get out for two weeks. Finished broadhead tuning (Muzzy 100 grain, 3 blade) this past weekend. I know everyone's got to be dying to talk about there plans, opening day scenario, the dreams that will fill our heads the night before and how that alarm clock sounds like angels singing on opening day.

Oh, andwestill don't have a logo. Who's in charge of our logo?

-David
Old 09-10-2005, 08:14 PM

well unfortunatly i have bad news. next week saturday is our bow opener, but i wont be able to hunt at all that day. in the morning i have a cross country meet and afterwards i have to go to work so that day is shot. i am not enthused at all. i had told my boss i had that meet and probly wouldnt be able to work but he told me to come anyway afterward[:@]. i guess thats when they say "welcome to the real world"[>:]
Old 09-12-2005, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

There's always the next day Beagle001, and the next one and the one after that...

I'm missing opening day myself, but on the 2nd...I'm there!

-David
Old 09-14-2005, 05:43 AM

Marylands opener is Thursday,9-15-O5.Don't bother calling,I won't be home!!!!...Bob
Old 09-14-2005, 07:14 PM

Good Luck TreStand!!! looks like i might be able to go Opening day (this saturday). hopefully i can
Old 09-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 15 Thread

Been seeing alot of deer so far. Temps are dropping this weekend but I'll only be able to hunt Sat. morning.
Old 09-16-2005, 06:01 AM

Interesting opening day here in MD.First off,87 degrees with matching humidity,(78 degrees @ 4:30 am).Saw lots of deer,well over 30 does and yearlins in the am,but nothing with any headgear.In the afternoon,I was hunting an area that I know has some good deer,so I put my two buddies where I knew the deer would travel in the pm,which they did and they both missed.Both where easy shots,oh well,I guess thats why I shoot 3-4 times a week all year!
I set up on a ridge that I know is well traveled to some night feeding areas,and with as hot as it was,I figured that they would use the cooler,shady side travel routes.Again,I was wrong,they came up the brightest,hottest,side of that ridge.A really nice ten pt.,an eight pt.that was bigger than the ten,a small 6pt,and a few does.None of the two big boys got any closer than 78yds,despite my efforts.They were nice just to watch.This is why I love bowhunting....Bob
Old 09-18-2005, 07:59 PM

well i just thought id let ya know how my first day went. This morning i got up about 530 and headed out to one of my new stands i thought would be a good morning stand. i got situated and at daylight i could hear turkeys sqwauking around behind me. then about 8 i heard some crunching to my right and behind me. now this stand is in the middle of three bedding areas, facing West the bedding areas are north south and east of me. its in a lil transition area where deer travel heavy. anyway i turn around to see a few deer skirting off thru the brush heading to the other bedding area. then i hear more steps and a HUGE doe is coming down a trail that leads her past my stand. right from the beginning she knew something wasnt right. she was soo alert i couldnt draw until she was passed my first shooting lane. then when i did draw she caught my movement and spotted me. so here i sit full draw with her standing looking at me with no hole to shoot thru. i held for close to 3 minutes and finally she took one more step to get broadside. i thought it was open so i shot and my arrow hit a branch and went over her back.
Then tonight i sat in a pop up blind we set up 1/2 week ago and the deer were still not used to it becuase they looked at it the second they came out to the field and then would sniff a lil and leave.
o well thats hunting
Old 09-19-2005, 09:26 PM

Hey all, i stuck me a doe tonight. she was about 15 yards away and 1/4 away from me. she ran 100 yards and thats all she wrote.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.