Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread >

Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 03:50 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

well i have some good news. my deer got entered into the contest lastnight. FINALLY!!! that puts us at 240-260 or whatever its at. we need to get some more if we're going to top team 20 wiht 400 and something. the rut in kicking in early this year in IL and i'm looking forward to a big weekend to try and get another big one.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

I've seen my 140 class 10 point twice this week,but could not get a clean shot.I did fill my 2nd doe tag tonight with a huge doe.She never made it 10 yards.A five point came in trailing her 5 minutes later,had to let him walk.I'll be on vacation this week,hopefully I can catch up to that 10 pointer.I'll be on stand from daylight untill dark most of this week.I normally would hold out for him or a bigger buck we have spotted,but I might take one for the team as long as it is over 100 inches.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Well poisonsquirrels, it's getting to be that time of the year that I like to call "Desperation Time".

Which means my previous idea of passing up small bucks is now going to go right out the window.

I'm just having a hard time getting out like I'd like to, and now the first gun season is here and it's cold and whine... whine... wimper..

[]
Old 11-22-2005, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Well,my luck is not changing.I can be surrounded by does and not even a small buck will show up in chase.This past weekend was a special youth gun season.My brother bow hunted near my stand and saw three shooter bucks,and they all walked right past my empty stand.I've only seen 4 deer from that stand all season and one of them is in my frezzer.The gun season opens next Monday,gotta hunt hard all week.I've been out from daylight to dark the last week.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey folks, hope everyones season is going well!

I finally got home from Pike county, Illinois, but my season did not go quite as I had planned.[]

I arrived at camp on October 20th, and by 7:45am on October 21st I was a resident of Blessing Hospital in Quincy, Illinois!

I fell from the side of a tree about 45 minutes before first light, and on the way down I decided to see who was tougher....me, or an Ameristep tree peg?

I lost!

I cut my tricep to the bone for about 3/4", then decided to completely sever both heads of my bicep, and just to finish the job, I went ahead andsevered my shoulder muscle that connects the deltoid to the chest muscle.

Those full body harnesses work great....IF you hook them onto something in case you need it![&:]

Anyway, reconstructive surgery took about 2 1/2 hours and roughly 4 pints of blood(I think I should qualify for an Illinois resident license now). 147 stitches and 33 staples later they let me sleep it off and go back to camp.

The amazing part is....not only did I literally cheat the grim reaper, but 14 days after the surgery I killed a doe with my bow. Two days later I shot a small cull buck.[8D]

I will probably never play a good round of golf again, but I can shoot my bow.

I forgot to take a picture of my doe, but I will try to post a picture of the buck, which is good for 120 1/8" for our team.

Old 11-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice buck BC I hope you heal up completely.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:53 PM

My shoulder/arm/back/whole body hurts just reading that... Ouch.. Heck of a nice buck and hope you heal up quick and good.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats on the buck and the recovery BC.

Guys, I gotta tell you BC is really minimizing the miracle of his recovery here. I didnt see him when he did it but the scar he showed me a day or so before killing that doe left me walking away wondering how he ever made it out of the woods alive let alone recover enough to harvest two deer just weeks after his near death experience!
Old 11-23-2005, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, I killed a 130 class 10 point on the 20th. Unfortanatetly its only gonna help out my team on the deer hunting thread. Its still gun season here in KY but Im taking the bow up to IN to hunt Thanksgiving morning.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

Yikes! That's quite a story Big Country!!

Glad to hear you can still bowhunt and congrats on the deer. (nice buck, I'm still looking to shoot a deer that big)

eeek, I've got the willies now. []

Quick Reply: Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.