Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread >

Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 03:37 PM
Spike

Default RE: Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Okay Christine, it's been updated with your new name.

You'll have to do the "honors" of updating our sigs!

Old 10-04-2005, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

Nice job!

I went ahead and put the new logo in your profile, my profile, DavidChesney's and Beagle001's. If anybody else wants it in there signature, let me know.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:12 PM
Fork Horn

I spent the morning on Sunday on stand over the bean field in Lowden-Miller. Previous obligations kept me out of opening day. Public land, maybe for the better. I got in my stand around 4:30am to beat any others to the back woods area. It was black..no moon black! You know. The kind of black where you hold your hand 2 inches in front of your face and you don't see it. That black. I was positioned exactly 15 yards off the path separating the bean field from the tree line up about 14ft. Weeks before I had trimmed my lanes to the path and to the trail leading from the trees to the field. Ranged all the trees andI even rememberedmost of them. So I was ready when I turned off my headlamp and settled into the BLACK.

After about 20 minutes I hear the faint sound of footsteps approaching from behind. Small tree limbs cracking, leaves being stepped on and the sound of something settling down on the ground. In the black. Then I hear more to right and a few more to my left all within about the next 30 minutes and 10 yds. In the black. I sat in the stand just going nuts. I knew that now if I where to turn on my headlamp I would spook probably 10 does and 2 or 3 bucks bedded down under my stand. So I wait and shiver, a little from excitement and a little from being under dressed for the BLACK morning. I know now that if I stay still, silent and as black as the morning I will fill my first tag on "MY" opening day.

Themorning began to turn BLACK into something less than black but still black. So I reach for my bow..so quietly...and sit for the next few minutes until shadows appear. Shadows out of black. Squirrels out of black...lots of squirrels out of black. I had been dupped into believing that I was the best darn scouter in the mid-west. Fooled again. Not a deer to be seen. Not a deer all morning. Not a deer at all. But a couple of squirrels were ready to announce my presence. One in particular had an incredibly "stout" attitude. After many futile attempts to convince him thatmy tree was "MY TREE". I was forced to do the unspeakable. I picked up my bow and drew back. Laid my 20 pin just below and behind his (or her) shoulder. And then, just then, my newly learned "squirrel speak" kicked in and my most recently madefrienddecided to make a dash for the field. I feel we bonded (for today). Squirrel issue, a fond memory.

Shortly after the rain started. I headed to thetruck, reminding myself that "Carl Spackler" would be more than willing to support my effort by letting me know that "I don't think the hard stuff's gonna come down for another hour or two".

Dupped again. It rained. It rained hard. It rained so hard that it washed the doe urine smell off of everything but my sweet-roll that I hid in my pack earlier. IN THE DARK. It rained out in the field.It rained through the woods. It rained all the wayback to my truck which now seemed twice as far away and my pack seem 3 timesheavier (due to rain I'm sure) than my enthusiasm led me to believe in the morning.

I settled into my truck. Started to eat my urine scented sweet-roll. Headed home.

The day, not a total loss. I almost did run over 7 turkeys while headingdown the gravel road (with sweet-roll stuck to my face). Good sweet-roll!

-David
Old 10-06-2005, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

could you pls put the logo in my profile Christine. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

HuntingEd... done!

DavidChesney, great story!!
Old 10-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

O.K. folks it is time too get serious.Christine if you could add the logo to my signature please.It is time to get some inches on the score sheet.I've been slacking this year.Normally I hunt every day.I have not been out yet,but this should keep me from getting burned out.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:20 AM

As a wise man(woman) once said,"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush",so with that in mind,I dropped a 7pt. last night.The deer will score somewhere in the 105-110 range.I know there is bigger deer in the area,but this will have to do(for now).
Pictures and story will follow as soon as I can figure out how to download and send them....Bob
Old 10-19-2005, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Awesome trestand. We will be on the board. I'm sure Christine would be happy to help you get the pic uploaded to the Official Score Thread. Great Job!

I'm on vacation next week and spending all week in my stand. I hope I can add to our score and keep on track to "Victory"!.

-David
Old 10-19-2005, 06:39 AM

HNI Christine,
Could you put the logo on mine? You see,I'm basically a computer idiot,so I'd would be grateful for the help...Bob (trestand)
Old 10-19-2005, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Trestand, first, congrats on the fine buck!!

Second, I'll put the logo in your signature. (Ohio Bowhunter75, I added the team banner to your signature also)

Third, if you have trouble with getting the pictures online, email me and I'll try to help.

[email protected]

Quick Reply: Official Team "Fearsome 15" (15) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.