Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread >

Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:13 PM

Default RE: Official Team 19 "Team Buckstoppers!" Thread

Sorry so long between check ins. I have been busy with a new job. Got 5 stands put up so far and got another 5 in reserve waiting for some of the corn to get out so we can see where the nice bucks are going to end up. They follow that last corn field around here so if the stands go up too early you can really miss judge where they need to be.

Good Luck with the hunting everyone I will be out there on Oct 1.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 PM

Thought I would post a couple of pictures of what we are after around here.

The first is my last years buck that I got entered into the contest. We got at least 2 around here that are bigger and a few the same size, running around in the timbers we hunt.

Old 09-19-2005, 07:19 PM

Here is one we caught on trail cam last year. We got 7 bucks spotted this year at this size or bigger.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:33 PM

OOOOOOOH Iowa, what great pictures you have! I know Oct.1 can't get here fast enough for you. That's how I was waiting for Sept. 15th.......well worth the wait though. Good luck to you. Hunt safe and get one for the team!
Old 09-21-2005, 07:59 PM

What a dissapointment. This is what I got on my cuddeback when I finally set it to take pictures [:'(]

The 6 pointer I saw was bigger than this guy. This is only 1 spot that I hunt so I have bigger hopes for my friend's property. I will be out all day Friday and Saturday morning.

Old 09-21-2005, 08:17 PM

G2....I'm not seeing the picture......only a little blue box with a question mark in it.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:01 PM

Default RE: Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Here it is, sorry. This new web host doesn't support Mozilla. POS

Old 09-23-2005, 07:14 AM

IT'S FRIDAY... IT'S FRIDAY !!!!!! My HAPPY DAY !!!
We will be heading for the farm in a little while. Hopefully we'll get there early enough to hunt this evening....it's a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive from KC....depending on traffic getting out of the city. Talk to you guys Monday.....wish me luck.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

SW iowa...those are some real nice bucks, wish we grew them up here like that.good luck on killing one of those boys!

g2...dont feel bad about your camera pics....the deer have been avoiding my 35mm stealth cam completely....i moved it again yesterdayto a different piece of land that i hunt. And i thought i got a bunch of pics with my new digital moutrie cam and come to find out all i got was a pic of one doe and the rest of NOTHING.....i think the ferns set it off one of of those windy days last week. i found my first rub of the season the other night too only 8 more days...anyone else finding any rubs or scrapes yet??

That buck isnt that small g2...i think i'd take him if he stumbled by my stand....if let go he would be real nice in a couple years

Good luck on your hunting trip this weekend MOM...

Old 09-25-2005, 07:38 PM

This weekend I got out Friday night and Saturday night. On Friday night I had a doe and two fawns go by me at about 10 yards. I also saw a nice 4x4 buck (140 or better) but was way out of bow range. The closest he got was about 75 yards away. We have found three complete sets of sheds of this buck and will be very hard to pass on him if he comes by closer the next time.

Here is a picture of his sheds

Saturday night all I saw was 3 does and 3 fawns.

Tyler

Quick Reply: Official Team Buckstoppers! (19) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.