Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!! >

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Old 08-15-2005, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 17 Thread!!!

Still waiting for 4 more to check in.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

lets hear a little about each other while were waiting for the others to check in (and the season to start):

I live and hunt in central MN. My inlaws own 35 acres adjacent to a 24,000 plus acre wildlife refuge. I also, hunt a 280 acre farm about a mile away. But, my bestchancefor a big buck is at the annualCamp Ripley huntin late October.

This will be my 9th year bow hunting and my 20th season hunting deer. I've taken 9 deer with a bow. I got 8 pointers each of the last two years, I'm hoping to continue that streak (or get something bigger, of course!).

Good luck all!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live not far from the city of Pittsburgh and I hunt various places in south western PA. Usually once or twice a season I'll make a trip up into the mountains east of the city and do some hunting at a friends camp. So far this year I've been seeing alot of deer. I'm itching to get some meat in the freezer so I won't be hesitating to take the first nice doe that presents a shot.

This will be my 19th seasonhuntingand my 15th season using a bow. I've never been a trophy hunter and usually I'll take the first legal buck that I get a shot at. In the WMU's that I hunt regularly we have 4pt to a side antler restrictions.

Last year I hit a nice 8pt with a basket rack but neverrecovered him. [:'(] I found out about 2 months ago that this buck is still alive and well with no signs of being hit.I've been told he's got the same basket rack with a little extra mass this season. I think this is where I might be for opening day on Oct. 1st.

Old 08-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Fork Horn

I have 32 years of hunting 14 in which are with the use of a bow, I’ll be hunting the family land in SC this year along with various other private property access. In Virginia I will be hunting Quantico Marine base throughout the season plenty of deer on both main side and the training areas. 5 miles from the house south

VA archery season opens Oct 1

Also this season just as the last I’m involved in the urban archery season on Fort Belvoir, which begins September 17–30 and January 9–March 25, does only to control the deer population. Oct 1 -Jan 7bucks are fair game Fort Belvoir has a great reputation for QDM and it's archery only.7 miles from the house north

South Carolina August 15, 2005 – January 1

A few of the guys I know, and hunted with from this forum are forming a hunt club in VA. The property is 716 acres so far.
[:@]2.5 - 3 hours south
Old 08-16-2005, 05:56 AM
Spike

I live in Birnamwood, WI (Central part of the state) and have been hunting with the bow and gun for 31 years, muzzle loader for 28 years (prefer archery). I hunt on family land and paper mill land around home and County, State and Federal land in the northern part of the state.
I also hunt Alabama, Mississippi, and Colorado.
I enjoy being out in the woods and harvesting a deer is just a bonus.
We have been watching several nice bucks again this year, had fifteen on one field last time I was out spotting, 4 of them were shooters(130" or better).
I have been hunting a 12 pointer the last three years we figure he goes in the 170's to 180's, but have not had a good shot at him yet. He has been in range several times but did not offer a clear or good angle shot. Maybe this year.
I will try to post some pictures if I get moretime spotting or once the season starts I will get some from the stand.

Good Hunting

More often than not to harvest a trophy you have to pass the young bucks up.
Once in a while the big boy will show up first, but not very often. Be patient and enjoy your time in the woods.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:52 AM

WOW!! Sound like a awesome lineup.. We should have alot of fun. Well our opener here in MO is Sept.15 and I will be in the woods first chance I get. I hunt primarily in cenral and northcenral MO. We have a family farm of 575 acres and a farm in northcentral MO that I am fortunate enough to have a great friend that allows me and my family to hunt on. It is about 9000 acres and is some of the best whitetail hunting I've been in here in MO. He has asked me for the last couple of years to come and hunt and finally last year we did. We should have definitely went sooner....Five of us went the opening day of MO rifle season and hunted about 4 hours and harvested 16 deer 5 of which were bucks. It was a great time. My friends dad is a farmer and has a deer population problem and asked us not to trophy hunt our first year and just thin his deer out so we were happy to help. This will be our first year bowhunting the farm and only 3 of us bowhunt so this should be alot of fun. I'll enclose a pic of our harvest there.

Last but not least my brother-in-law and I got drawn for Iowa and will be making a few trips up there to this season. CAN'T WAIT

Old 08-17-2005, 01:13 AM

Sorry guys. You have my appologies for not checking in sooner. What time I haven't been working, I've been out scouting. I own 80 acres with a 4 acre pond in my front yard. I can walk out my front door and be in a treestand in about 5 minutes. I got sheds this spring of a 150 class buck off my place and I saw some really good bucks last year but never closed the deal. This is my 5th year of bowhunting and I've yet to bloody an arrow. Been practicing some QDM on my place and passing some smaller deer up. But now that I'm in the contest I will be less choosy. Our season opens Oct. 1st. I work second shift so I should be able to get out most mornings.
Hey JeramyK, I lived in Pittsburgh back in the 70s. Went to high school there. I've got 2 sisters still living there. Small world on the 'net heh? LOL

Bud Tucker
SW Iowa
Bowhunter only
45 years old
married
I shoot a Martin Slayr set at 58 lbs. with a 29 inch draw.
Carbon Express Terminator 6075 arrows with a 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy broadhead.

I like Rackmasters. Or maybe Blue Collar Bowhunters? LOL Just an idea.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:19 AM

I just thought of something. I'm on team #17. That's Matt Kinseth's # on the NASCAR circut! He drives a Ford! That's too cool! I think this is Kismet! LOL I'm getting good vibes off of this guys.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

x's have checked in, I emailed the three remaining:

68 corey223
184 JeramyK x
141 VaSavage270 x
170 Callemin
144 Budbowhunter x
151 RackLuster x
259 sfletch x
233 MEhuntalot
240 razortecg2 x
153 alwyshntn x

Old 08-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've sent emails to our remaining 3 members letting them know teams have been picked. I'd hate for one of them to return to the forums to find they've been replaced with an alternate.

Quick Reply: Official Team Rack Masters (17) Thread!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.