HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow-72/)
-   -   Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow/108840-official-team-bruiser-busters-5-thread.html)

truk 08-29-2005 07:28 PM

RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

dont bother me nutt!

buckeye 08-29-2005 07:32 PM

Check out this DIEHARD Bucks fan :DCan you tell what he thinks of those Michaganders? [8D]

That pic of that kidis hilarious ;)

truk 08-29-2005 07:40 PM

i use a range finder but thats about as "high tec" as it gets for me. the area i hunt is a 70 acre "island" of woods and swamp surrounded by crop fields( this year3 sides corn,1 side alfalfa) so i dont need a feeder or food plot. i wear camo but notscent-loc(i do use the carbon spray). the only scents i use are coon pee on my boots and hs scent waffers( fresh earth, white oak). i usually climb 20 - 25 feet up and the deer never notice me, even after the shot.i also use a buck grunt, more so in early season than late.

truk 08-29-2005 07:43 PM

thanks for keeping us on page one nutt! is that photo from the gator bowl vs clemson? :D

slicendice 08-29-2005 07:52 PM

Guys, I'm retarded. I can't seem to get the logo to be added as my signature. I've taken the directions given by Mantis and Buckmagnet, but when I hit "Apply" in the "My Profile" tab, it says my userid or address is already being used. I'ved had this userid and address for a couple of years now, so I don't understand. Can anyone help???

Slice

mobow 08-30-2005 11:16 AM

Are you re-entering everything, or just adding the link to your signature? If you just add the link to your signature, and change the to " /> and then click apply, it should work.

Mantis Mayer 08-30-2005 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

EXCUSES, EXCUSES.... sounds like a team name change is in order. Team Pansies sounds much better. With all those EXCUSES, you might as well concede now, and saveyourselves all thehassle...[8D]

GeezMantis....your gonna have to carry your whole team it looks like :DGood luck bro...your gonna need it!
WV Bird Watcher, have you taken a close look at our roster!? Thank god there was no kind of salary cap or else we all would’ve been split up. I will only be adding to the pile of horn this team, Team 5, Bruiser Busters, will be putting on the ground in the next few months. And that’s the facts Jack!

hello everyone! A question, do you all use the fancy stuff such as scent-loc , range finders, feeders, trail cams etc, or do you hunt on wits and experience? I know you can combine the two but what do you rely on most ? Also this bumps back to page 1!!
truk My ability to read maps, preplan hunts according to current wind directions, time off to spent afield, strict scent control regiment although without the use of scent loc, and although only 13 years of bowhunting under my belt; my hunting experience thus far has been action packed! I use a laser range finder and love it. I play with a game camera but don’t use it quite like BM does. I’m really good at scouting out high traffic terrain features on new property and can see where and how the deer will move quite well. The #1 ace up my sleeve is my ability to pay extremely close attention to detail. I believe this is essential for being consistently successful. Sweat the small stuff! And it’s all small stuff!

O and I’m not quite the masterbaitors some of the teammates are.[8D] We are not aloud to feed deer in NY.

Hey dwd that trip is for bowhunting right?

Slice we know full well you’re not retarded.[:-] Go to the test page and play around with the [img] tricks or here, who cares. Click on the banner, then right click and click on the properties. Then highlight, right click and copy the URL# Paste it in between the image trick shown furtherabove. Try and add it to a post not the signature and we might see what you’re doing wrong. Hey try this also:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/BuckMagnet/LOGO1.jpg" />

onlywithout thespaces between the url.
Not retarded but maybe a dumbass! JK:D

It’s beginning to feel a lot like bow season....................... every single day!

Buck Magnet 08-30-2005 08:03 PM

Hey fellow Bruiser Busters. Well, yesterday I went and pulled down my game cam because I thought that we were gonna get a bad storm this week. Well, this afternoon at around 3:30 p.m. I decided to put it back up in the same spot I just had it. When I got within about 100 yards of the tree I had it on, I could smell a deer. Stupid me decided to keep going ahead to hand the camera up again. I got within 20 yards of the tree and there was the giant I have been trying to get pics of standing right in front of the tree I had the camera on. He saw me and took a few hops into the brush before disappearing. He didn't seem really spooked so I am hoping to get some pics of him within the next couple days. Its nice to see him in this brush as it is the easiest brush around here to hunt. I'll keep you updated on this guy as he is probablly a 150" 10 pointer.:)

Mantis Mayer 08-30-2005 08:20 PM

BM your either going to scare the bruiser into the next county or he’ll become accustom to your stink and you’ll blindside him when your carrying something with the bowman emblem on it. I’ve always had a sweet spot for the second theory.:)

O and I forgot to mention I think I’ll be doing the out of state hunting in justOhio not Missouri this year due to the inevitable rise in gas prices. I’m going to be PM’ing Buckeye for some info. I’ll let you know if he’s a good sport.;) PA is in the air as of now.

Buck Magnet 08-30-2005 08:59 PM

Mantis,

Don't worry bout the scent. These deer around where I hunt are honestly so accustomed to humans that they really don't care too much about human scent. Heck, this buck beds about 20-30 yards off the edge of a road, probablly 200 yards from a prison, and probablly about 400 yards from a airport. I am careful about my scent when scouting and setting up cameras, I make sure to spray down with scent-killer before I go out. The greatest part about this spot is that there are always bucks bedding in this tiny patch of brush. To the east is a cornfield, to the north is a road, and to thewest is some incredibly thick brush.They deer usually move to the south when leaving this bedding area and funnel on an amazing deer trail that right now is littered in scrapes. There are three huge white oaks that get PACKED with acorns year after year in the middle of this golden rod field and the deer always browse underneath these trees. It just so happens that I have a ladder stand about 16 yards from the trail that leads out of the bedding and I will be setting up my ground blind in this area on the only other real trail that comes out of the brush. I feel very good about this spot and I am PUMPED UP for Oct. 1st to come :D

Mantis Mayer 08-30-2005 09:06 PM

Wow it sounds like a dream dude. I hope no one reading knows to much now[&:]

slicendice 08-31-2005 05:50 AM

Hoping ths works....

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/BuckMagnet/LOGO1.jpg

Mantis Mayer 08-31-2005 09:28 AM

Copy and paste this:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/BuckMagnet/LOGO1.jpg" />

get rid of the space between the highlighted though!

slicendice 08-31-2005 09:55 AM

Mantis,

Thanks for the help! I'm becoming convinced it's not a problem with the link, but an internal problem with huntingnet. I posted a question about it in the question forum, so hopefully maybe a moderator can help me out.

Also, good news on the buck front. Saw a real good buck a couple of nights ago near my hunting spot running with a bachelor group of 5 other bucks.2 weeks until the opener.

Slice

Dubbya 08-31-2005 10:40 PM

Man I wish my opener was in 2 weeks, of course my school work ethic would drop off a bit SOONER.

slicendice 09-01-2005 05:29 AM

One of the mods checked out the problem with my signature and it is now resolved.

It's in the low 60's this morning, deer everywhere on the way in to work. I'm ready to go!!!

Slice

Mantis Mayer 09-01-2005 06:38 AM

One of the mods checked out the problem with my signature and it is now resolved.
Awesome, nice to see it up there.

Hey guys It's September!

truk 09-02-2005 05:58 AM

29 more days and we can start living like Bob!

Mantis Mayer 09-02-2005 06:04 AM

LOL!

Heydwd don't let school work get in the way of you archery time! Be smart, stay in tree;)

slicendice 09-02-2005 07:28 AM

Less than 2 weeks, brothers!! Everything is set to go, can't wait. Just booked a sika hunt for the end of October/early November can't wait for that, either. Groups are tight, Equiptment honed and ready, it's time to get this show started.

Slice

mobow 09-02-2005 02:04 PM

13 days and counting!!!! Final tuning has been done, I am ready to go. Just have to hope I can keep gas in my truck ....[:@][:@][:@]

Buck Magnet 09-02-2005 04:16 PM

4 weeks to go [X(] O well, just more scouting time. I am really pumped for the opener, got my new arrows today, made sure they were all tuned up and flying good, shot my b-heads and they are shooting beautifully and hitting dead on with my field-points.

Buck Magnet 09-04-2005 04:24 PM

Roll Call.... sorry guys, but I am gonna do another roll call. Its getting close to season and I just want to make sure everyone is still a part of this team and ready to be part of the contest. If not, I need to find out know so I can get a alternate.

mobow 09-04-2005 08:08 PM

Here.

Dubbya 09-04-2005 09:17 PM

Present.

Dubbya 09-04-2005 09:18 PM

MM: Don't worry about that stuff getting in the way.... I have my priorities straight.:D

truk 09-05-2005 09:40 AM

I am here!:D

TRV30 09-05-2005 09:45 PM

Present

slicendice 09-06-2005 05:37 AM

I'm here.

Slice

Oldguy 09-06-2005 06:23 AM

I'm here!

hoosier_hunter9 09-06-2005 06:46 AM

Still here.Went south this weekend,checked stands,scouted and checked campers.
24 days and counting!!!!!!!!

Mantis Mayer 09-06-2005 07:18 AM

Here! ;)

mobow looks like your first in line,good luck out there bro!

Mantis Mayer 09-06-2005 10:10 AM

Rack-attack should get his A$$ out of the shop for a second and at least acknowledge his role in this team! Captain BM see what you can do about that joker.

mobow 09-06-2005 03:33 PM

Yep. Next thursday, the 15th. I am hoping for a south wind. Anything else and I will have to hunt one of my "lesser" spots. Goin in for knee surgery this thursday, but that don't matter. Us tough guys can take it!! ;)

Dubbya 09-06-2005 06:43 PM

mobow, how are you gonna get in a tree with a brace? Pull-ups.....

Buck Magnet 09-06-2005 07:31 PM

Hey guys,

Good to see everyone is still in this thing and I am looking forward to October to see what some of you guys are dragging out of the woods :D
I figure I better give you guys and update on my scouting. My Trail Mac Digital scouting camera started screwing up on me last week so I have to send that back to Trail Mac tommorrow to get it replaced. I figured that till then I needed something to get some pics, so this afternoon I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a cheap Moultrie Digital Scouting camera and set it up. I won't get a chance to check it till Friday but it is set-up about 20 yards from where I plan on putting my ground-blind on Friday. I checked the area out again yesterday and it just keeps getting better and better. A TINY thicket (probablly 1/4 to 1/2 acre) with a single trail (the only way out) that leads under three HUGE white oaks that are filled with acorns. In a 20 yard circle there are 6, yes 6 different scrapes and I found 5 different rubs in the same area. I am pretty sure that this is that huge 150" class 10 point I have been seeing, hopefully Friday I will have some pics of the brute.
I am gonna e-mail Rack and see if maybe he can get a free minute to talk archery with his team..... heck, he might owe us all some new bows for just letting him be on our team. Some of you new guys may not know Rack-Attack but he is a great guy, he produces some GREAT bucks pretty much every year, I think last year was the only year since I have been on here that he didn't tag a biggun.

Well guys, I may not get a chance to be on here till Friday or so. I am getting a new Dell Computer tommorrow so I am gonna have to get that all set-up and get all the info off this comp and on to that one. I'll talk to you guys in a few days.

extreme1 09-07-2005 06:30 AM

LMAO:D

Rack-attack should get his A$$ out of the shop for a second and at least acknowledge his role in this team! Captain BM see what you can do about that joker.

Who's Rack Attack?-----with a little sarcasm:eek:

Dubbya 09-08-2005 01:59 PM

Rack needs to quit tunin bows and converse with his compadres. Oh I'm to the point where I don't sleep at night boys.... it's gonna be a long 22 days and 9 hours.

mobow 09-11-2005 08:48 AM

Well, the surgery went very well, no pain at all now, and am even doing some light walking on it. I may be hunting on the ground for the first week, but I am already well on my way to recovery.

Season opens thursday, the 15 th, and the weather looks pretty good so far. Highs in the mid 70's with some rain. All the corn is cut and the deer are back in the woods. Anticipation is extremely high.

Dubbya 09-11-2005 12:57 PM

Mo, good to hear everything went well. Glad to know we won't have a player on the DL. Personally I perfer hunting on the ground. Good luck.