HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow-72/)
-   -   Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2005-deer-hunting-contest-bow/108840-official-team-bruiser-busters-5-thread.html)

buckeye 08-17-2005 08:47 PM

RE: Official Team 5 Thread!

Now if I have ever saw a dead thread this is it. I expected more out of you guys then this.....[&o]

To BM

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Buckeyes gonna kill a monster
and none are you :D

Buck Magnet 08-17-2005 09:14 PM

Well guys, it seems like BruiserBusters may be the way to go. What do ya'll think?

Hammerman, well, not all of us are out there shootin spikes with bumps on the antlers :D Heck, those aren't even legal in my area :D

Buckeye, all joking aside, I really do hope you get that monster you are after, I am sure nobody deserves a 55" deer more than you

Hey buckeye, I wanted to tell you that my best-friend will be moving to DoverOhio. He will be moving out there at the end of the month.

On a side note, has anybody see dwd2001

BTBowhunter 08-17-2005 10:42 PM

Hey Buck Magnet! Seasons coming up! Time to come and get your feeder and camera off my lease;)

Mantis Mayer 08-18-2005 11:42 AM

Buckeye opened up his mouth smelt like somebody farted![:'(]

BM have you sent our "no show" an email yet letting him know how much it would suck to get kicked off this frickenprimo team!?

If BruiserBusters is what you guys want, BruiserBusters it shal be! I'llpretend to like it:D Who would like to make our banner? Lets keep it simple. Some, well,mostof the teambanners look like pre schoolers drew in crayon after eating glue all morning!

What's everyone shooting? I'll be using my 03 Bowtech Extreme VFT and my 04 Bowtech Liberty as a backup.

buckeye 08-18-2005 03:05 PM

19 mobowhunter
270 Rack-attack
50 Tru 30
171 dwd2001
206 truk
32 Buck Magnet
17 Slicendice
173 hoosier_hunter9
242 Oldguy
97 Mantis Mayer
Boy am I glad I wasn't shafted into this lineup:D;)

Buckeye, all joking aside, I really do hope you get that monster you are after, I am sure nobody deserves a 55" deer more than you

BTW the only way I could ever kill a 55" dink is if I fell asleep in my stand fell out and landed on it :D

mobow 08-18-2005 06:10 PM

buckeye, or, flower boy, whichever.......we're glad you weren't shafted to this team either. We wouldn't want our great season to get blown.....

BruiserBusters it is. I have no idea how to make a logo, and I suppose we need out official thread to reflect the team name.

Buck Magnet 08-18-2005 08:31 PM

BTW the only way I could ever kill a 55" dink is if I fell asleep in my stand fell out and landed on it :D
Dang buckeye, just how much do you weigh? That would be a funny sight, much like a watermelon falling on a ant :D:D:D:D

Anyways, enough with these children butting in to our thread (must be that they want to be part of this team) :D

I'll edit the team name on this thread and I'll send a e-mail out to dwd2001 to let him know teams were drawn and see if he is still in the contest or not. As far as the logo goes, I am not to great with that type of thing, but I will talk to a buddy of mine and see if he can help me out, no guarentees yet.

buckeye 08-18-2005 08:35 PM

Dang buckeye, just how much do you weigh? That would be a funny sight, much like a watermelon falling on a ant :D:D:D:D
185 pounds of lean meanteam5 spankingmachine ;)

Dubbya 08-19-2005 12:18 AM

Hey guys, sorry for the late check-in, I've been fly fishing in colorado for a little over a week. Anyway I'm here and ready to go.

truk 08-19-2005 06:53 AM

Good to see ya dwd 2001, I lived in Norman for about a year, down near the college, 12th Ave N.E.

mobow 08-19-2005 07:18 AM

Welcome dwd....glad that we're all checked in. Let the killin begin!!!!

Mantis Mayer 08-19-2005 08:01 AM

dwd you didn't have to rub that in man!:eek: How was it? BTW welcome to the team! Would you like to watch the door while mobowhuntr is out layin smack? Buckeyeboy keeps breaking in and tracking dog crap on the rug.

Buck Magnet 08-19-2005 04:16 PM

Good to see the whole team here. I spent the morning out scouting and setting up game cameras in new areas. I found one VERY good looking spot that I may just set-up my blind in. There is a small finger of brush that leads out between a large patch of big woods and a small patch of x-mas trees. There is a MAJOR trail running right through this finger and I now have a camera up in there. Well see what is running through there :D

Anyways, I am working on a team logo now, so hopefully later tonight I will have one for everyone to check out.

mobow 08-19-2005 05:13 PM

Well, if the corn isn't cut by the first of the season, I feel like I have a good shot at a 140 class 10pt. I have been working pretty hard at getting him figured out, and I think I have a good plan of attack. If the corn gets cut by then, well, I will just have to try something else. Anyway, hopes are very high right now.

BM, thanks for the work with the logo. I am sure it will be great.

Buck Magnet 08-19-2005 05:23 PM

Okay guys, here is the logo I came up with. Its not the best, but I still havn't figured everything out with Photoshop so this will have to do. Here is a link incase you guys just want to use my photobucket account to host the pic.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/BuckMagnet/LOGO1.jpg

Buck Magnet 08-20-2005 05:10 PM

:DOkay team 5, where you at?

Lets hear a little bit about everyone, mo and I have already said a bit about ourselves, so lets here from the rest of you guys.

buckeye 08-20-2005 08:17 PM

Lets hear a little bit about everyone, mo and I have already said a bit about ourselves, so lets here from the rest of you guys.
My name is Buckeye. I am 25 years old and will own you guys once again this year with another slammer buck :D

Have fun out there and good luck guys.

Hey MO make sure you update me with how the young man is doing this fall :)

mobow 08-20-2005 08:21 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

My name is Buckeye. I am 25 years old and will own you guys once again this year with another slammer buck :D

Hey MO make sure you update me with how the young man is doing this fall :)

buckeye, if the price is right, shoot...you could own me right now. I could use a new Hoyt. I can see it now.....buckeye will be saying "If only I had listened, and not shot that darn Bowtech..."
Uh oh.....I think some of my team mates shoot Bowtech....well....even junk in the hands of a skilled archer won't matter.....:D

I will keep you updated on how Austen does this year. In fact, he called me about 2 hours ago, his mom took him to BassPro and bought him a new Reflex Grizzly. He is quite excited!!!

truk 08-21-2005 01:45 AM

I am 46 years old. I hunt south central lower Michigan.I shoot a Hoyt.I use Carbon Express arrows tipped with Wasp SST broadheads. I work in the medical department of the local sherriffs office, I work 12 hour shifts (tuesday,wednesday,thursday) so I thankfully have plenty of time to hunt and fish.I also love to see buckeyes cry and whine!:D

mobow 08-21-2005 11:48 AM

Well, the wind was right, so I went to investigate one of my areas last night. It is a beautiful funnel between 2 corn fields, bordered by a cedar thicket. The woodline runs east/west along one field, and the turns and runs north/south between the 2 fields. Right at the bend, when I have a perfect south wind, I can slip in and they have no idea I am there.
Anyways, went there last night to set out a mineral block in preparation for the camera I will be putting there this week. As I slipped along the field edge, I noticed deer already in the corner. One of them is the 10 pt. I have been watching. Hopefully, when I set the camera out this week, I can get some pictures of him to show off. Great little spot, and I am very excited about the Sept. 15 opener.

Buck Magnet 08-21-2005 01:03 PM

Keep us updated as I would love to see some pics of that guy. Sounds like you got him pretty well figured out and I am waiting for Sept 15th so Teal Bruiser-Busters can have a whole lotof inches on the board :D

This evening I am gonna head out to my old reliable stand and just watch. With the temps in the upper 80's today, the deer are gonna be thirsty and should be moving to the pond that is 20 yards in front of this stand. I'll keep ya'll updated on this spot as I saw another GIANT 10 point in this area a few weeks ago, an easy 150" buck, and I am pretty sure I know where he beds (about a 1/2 acre patch of green briar and crab apples trees in the middle of a golden rod field that borders a cornfield)

Dubbya 08-21-2005 08:11 PM

The fly fishing was excellent, we fished near Lake City, Colorado.
About me:
My name is Dustin DeCroo, I am originally from Wyoming but go to school at the University of Oklahoma. I've got pretty high hopes for the season based on the scouting I've been doing in northern oklahoma.

slicendice 08-22-2005 10:26 AM

Hey guys, I'm 31 and grew up in MD. I moved to PA 7 years ago, but still do all of my hunting in MD since the season is longer and the bag limits are bigger. I hunt with a Martin Cougar Mag that I've had for about 5 or years now. I own a Hoyt Pro-tec in Cam and 1/2, but I still prefer to hunt with the Martin. I shoot Easton XX75's with 100 grain Muzzys. I haven't seen any sign of any monsters around the places I usually hunt, but I did just pick up a 100 acre farm to hunt last week, and haven't scouted it too hard yet. We'll have to see how it goes.

Mantis Mayer 08-23-2005 03:35 PM

Hey guys what are we doing on page two!?

When does everyones bow season start? NY is Oct 15
Might start off in PA a little earlier than that we'll see.

BM the banner is sweet good job! Why don't you set the pace for the team by busting one of those bruisers right off the bat K!

Buck Magnet 08-23-2005 04:34 PM

Hey guys,

Yesterday I set-up a ladder stand in an area where a buddy of mine and I have been seeing a ton of bucks. There is a large corn field that is divided into sections by clover and alfalfa fields that is on a flat at the top of a hill, down the backside of this hill is all woods until the bottom of the hill where a old grown up logging road road cuts the bedding area (far side of the road) and this hill. I found a spot where the brush opens up on this hill side to about a 60 yard wide piece that is nothing but ferns on the ground. There are some amazing deer trails in this area as it is a funnel of sorts, the deer move from their bedding areas on this old logging road, and they cut up the hill at this 60 yard wide clearing. This sign in this area was amazing so I was pumped. We put up the ladder stand and while attaching the lock and cable to it, I noticed movement about 50 yards up the hill and sure enough, there were two bucks, both 10 points that would be in the low 130's range. The walked out and into the corn and never even paid attention to us. Got finished with the stand and walked back up into the clover the field at the top and there was a giant that saw us and casually trotted into the woods, he looked like a good 150" deer. We have seen these three bucks together in this area all summer long. Well, on the way out of the property, we spotted a 11 point, a main frame 9 pointer with 2 drop tines. He wasn't anything enormous but he was still a dang nice buck.

So, as of right now, on the 4 "major" properties that I hunt, I have saw a total of 42 different bucks, and of these, I would be willing to bet that 8 or 9 of them would make P&Y. I guess letting the little guys walk really does pay off

Mantis, thanks for the compliments on the banner. Season opens Oct. 1st and I am counting down the days. :D I have never been so pumped out about archery season opening as this year, but then again, I have never seen so many big bucks as this year :D

hoosier_hunter9 08-24-2005 12:17 PM

RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

HOOSIER_HUNTER9,Im 45 years old from central Indiana.I have bow hunted for deer for 24 years.I do most of my hunting on 600 acres of private land in southern Indiana.I shoot an old Hoyt fast flight bow,shooting carbon arrow.I have 3 -130 class bucks to show for all my time.Sure hope i can contribute 1 for the good of the team.For some reason i cant load the team logo,please help.

Mantis Mayer 08-24-2005 04:15 PM

HH just highlight andright click on, and then copy this text below:

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/BuckMagnet/LOGO1.jpg

Then go to the top of the page to where it says My Profile. Click!
Scroll down to signature and paste text.
Lastly add [] afterthe textbut only use one [ on each side instead of the [[ like I did for schooling purposes.

mobow 08-24-2005 07:16 PM

Well guys......looks like I am going to miss the first 7-10 days of season. I have to get my knee scoped. No worries.....just one more week to zero in on the one that's gonna put The BruiserBusters on the map, and turn buckeyeboy inside out.....:D:D

Dubbya 08-24-2005 07:47 PM

sorry to hear that mo. our season starts on october 1st as well, and I can not wait. I do have to admit though, I have a dilemma. We (the Sooners) play K-state that day. I may have to hunt the morning and wait til sunday to kick it off.

Mantis Mayer 08-24-2005 08:07 PM

looks like I am going to miss the first 7-10 days of season. I have to get my knee scoped.
And!

We (the Sooners) play K-state that day. I may have to hunt the morning and wait til sunday to kick it off.
:eek:Anyone else on the team have a
hair appointment or manicure,baby shower, or whatever elsescheduled for the first week of the all mighty Archery season?[:@]

Just kidden mates!

MoBow I hope your operation goes smooth and you recover fast. I must say great damn timing though![:-]

And dwd I’m not even gonna touch that one![:'(]

Oldguy 08-27-2005 07:09 AM

Nice Logo Buck Magnet!

WV Hunter 08-27-2005 08:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Mantis Mayer

:eek:Anyone else on the team have a
hair appointment or manicure,baby shower, or whatever elsescheduled for the first week of the all mighty Archery season?[:@]

EXCUSES, EXCUSES.... sounds like a team name change is in order. Team Pansies sounds much better. With all those EXCUSES, you might as well concede now, and saveyourselves all thehassle...[8D]

GeezMantis....your gonna have to carry your whole team it looks like :DGood luck bro...your gonna need it!

mobow 08-27-2005 09:30 AM

Hey, we are just letting you build up a false sense of security. You never know, we may just be sandbagging. :D

Dubbya 08-28-2005 11:31 AM

Hey I may get both my hair and nails done before the football game... that would be a productive morning.:D
Not really, I sold my student ticket for the K-state game and will be in the tree on the morning of the first. I also have a trip to Kansas planned.

truk 08-29-2005 03:14 PM

hello everyone! A question, do you all use the fancy stuff such as scent-loc , range finders, feeders, trail cams etc, or do you hunt on wits and experience? I know you can combine the two but what do you rely on most ? Also this bumps back to page 1!!;)

buckeye 08-29-2005 03:43 PM

Here is a little preseason pick compliments of buckeye.......

MO_Bowhnter 08-29-2005 04:05 PM

Is that you in the costume buckeye? With the looks of that big head, it could be.:D:D

buckeye 08-29-2005 04:08 PM

No,but how could you possibly have missedtruk in his yellow skirt in the pic :D

Buck Magnet 08-29-2005 04:29 PM

truk,

I don't use Scent-Lok, but from late winter till late summer I have feeders up on my property as well as mineral licks, and I have food-plots planted. I use game cameras for two reasons, first, to help me see whats in the area and second, because it is as enjoyable as hunting. Wits and experiences are a definet around here, it takes some knowledge of the movement patterns to get a buck before legal shooting light ends. I have pics in the bow-hunting forum right now of a buck that I had been watching this summer, he was a perfect ten point but he recently broke his antler and now he is a 7 point.

mobow 08-29-2005 05:43 PM

(sigh) Oh buckeye, buckeye.......you poor boy.....you are sooooooo goin down!!!!

Yes, I use scentlok, cameras, rangefinders, mineral blocks, raingear, maps, and I even use my brain sometimes....:)[8D]
Usually, when my brain gets in the way, I screw something up....LOL.....no...I use a lot of "gut feeling" and good old hard work to get my deer. In conjuction with technology.