Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread! >

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Old 10-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

I measured him last night. I have him at 71.Again, not the biggest buck in the woods, but I'll take him. Pics will be developed tonight and with a little luck I may have them on here tomorrow.

Slice
Old 10-05-2005, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Slicendice U da man! Congrats dude and don't shrug off 71 inches. It's a
nice buck and puts us on the board.

10 more days for me soit's nice to listen to the reports. Sounds like the big boys arn't moving till dark. Maybe back off on some of the "honey hole" locations and hunt some does on field edges, appleorcherds,and water holes.

Mobow how'smoving aroundthewoods treating you? Good shape?
Old 10-06-2005, 11:03 AM

congrats slice, any deer taken with a bow is a trophy!
Old 10-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

anyone been seeing much. We lost ourplace in north western OK which really really sucks. I saw a buck today on the public land but he was through my shooting lane before I had time to pick up my bow. I will get him on monday I hope, he was working a scrape line that I found. He's not real big but not bad for a public land buck.
Old 10-09-2005, 10:40 AM

Hey guys,

I have been passing up alot of small bucks, I think the number is up to 5 or 6 different little bucks so far this season. All were 1-1/2 year old 6, 7, and 8 points. The big bucks still aren't moving too much yet, but the weather is changing, temps are dropping, and I am less than 2 weeks away from starting my 2 weeks of paid vacation

On a side note, I did see one of the big guys that I am after yesterday. It was raining (its been raining here for like 3 days straight) and I decided to stalk my way back to a stand that I have on the edge of a ridge that has some REALLY thick bedding area behind me and about 200 yards in front of me is a cut cornfield and a clover field. Well, I got about 50 yards from my stand and caught movement to my left and behind me. Well, their is "Ol' Ripped Ear" as he stands up from behind a blow down. I froze and waited about a minute for him to calm down. I started to draw my bow back and he started sneaking away and he got into a thick creek bottom before I could get my pin on him. He snuck through the creek bottom and into a x-mas tree field. I didn't spook him too bad but I am gonna let that area go for a couple days. I did find a nice tree to hang my climber in though so if he keeps bedding in the blowdowns I won't have to walk past him and spook him to get in the tree.

Also, my buddy has been hunting in Ohio and he is seeing a ton of different bucks on the farm. He has seen something like 16 different bucks while on stand and he has been hearing that the bucks in Ohio are starting to move a little more, I should do very good when I am there at the end of Oct.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Alright, guys. I posted it. Now we have to see if the pic is accepted since it's not a full body pic. Again, I apologize for not taking a full body pic, but the meat would have spoiled if I had went home for the camera. I think they should accept it since there is a buck on there with just a head and no cape and the 170" deer has no bow, but we'll see.

Go get em, boyz!!

Slice
Old 10-11-2005, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well boys, I'll be in the stand tomorrow night hunting a clover field. The deer have been hitting it pretty hard. We'll see what happens.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:28 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

slicendice

Congrats on your buck!! You did the right thing by taking care of the meat first. More important then a contest, but I would think you shouldn't have a problem getting it entered.

Tim
Old 10-14-2005, 05:03 AM
Typical Buck

In 24hrs I'll be in a tree and the 2005/06 season will be under way.Finally!

Old 10-14-2005, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck, Mantis!!

I shot my second buck of the year on Monday at some public land in a different region from where I'd been hunting. Now, I have to kill 2 does in my normal region before I can get my second buck in that region.

Let's get some deer down, boys!!

Slice

Quick Reply: Official Team "Bruiser-Busters" (5) Thread!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.