Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread >

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread

This is a dumb suggestion. You are not allowed to like it and the computer geeks will tend to get it. It's so dumb I can't believe I'm posting it, but I'm at work and bored.

Team "13et"
Old 08-17-2005, 10:15 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Western MA Hunter

I hunt mostly private and have access to 20,000 plus acres of privatefor bowhunting, shedhunting and trapping. We don't have much for trees so most of my hunting is on the ground.

This past winter was very mild with abundant food for the deer. The bucks weren't stressed coming off winter then compared to a normal winter. The summer has beenlush here with all the rain. Normally we can find a hand full of bucks thatgo 140 Class. This year has beenunreal due to the perfect conditions for the bucks to grow a big rack. We have scouted a lot more then usual and know ofclose to 20 bucks that will go 135 or bigger.

Every area is different and a trophy buck should be determined bywhat thatspecific area can produce... not "just "by a score nor by comparing toother areas that can produce bigger racked bucks. I like usinga scoreas part ofadescription of a buck I am seeing. Too many things decide what a trophy buck is to me.The score is only a part of it.

Goodluck with your hunting.We will be happy with any buck you shoot just for the simple fact... your area is so tough to find a buck. Any buck taken is a trophy under that condition.

Tim

Old 08-17-2005, 10:44 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

We could also go with Team " Lucky 13 2005 " to change it a bit from last year.

How aboutTeam "Dooms day 13 " ??That would be fitting since we are going to win the contest and wreck the other team's chance of bragging rights for 2005. Banner could be ... a picture of Jason/hockey maskwith his knife on his side and holding a bow whileeye balling a couple big bucks. Have a hunter runningaway from him in fear. Camo up the hockey mask a bit to avoid any copy right infringments ( sp??? ) .

Tim

ps we need a captain. Who volunteers for that Job??

Tim
Old 08-17-2005, 11:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll volunteer unless someone else wants to step on up...

How many in favor of "Team Lucky 13"?
How many in favor of "Team Lucky 13 2005"?
How many in favor of "Team Doomsday 13"?

Anyone want to add another option? If not, speak now or forever hold your peace....
Old 08-17-2005, 11:44 AM

Doomsday 13 got my vote, i dont want to use sompthin that been used already.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:51 AM
Typical Buck

"The Disco Biscuits" or maybe "Team Stickpickle"

BTW: What did everyone enter for their team last year? May give us a vague prediction of this year's score. I added a scant 67 to our score......
Old 08-17-2005, 01:10 PM

Team Buck Luck team urban legands team 13 bandits team tree huggers team 13 productions. My computer will not let me list for some reason. I would not like to use a old name though.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

I like "Team Doomsday 13". We still need a captain. I'm not real sure why but thats the way it is.
So who's up for it? I'm not around regular enough to feel comfy with it myself.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

I like "Team Doomsday 13" as well. It's got my vote. What about a team logo. I'm not very good with that kind of thing is anyone else?

Hey Wester MA Hunter if you want to be team captain that's ok with me. I'm looking forward to a great season and having alot of fun.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:56 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Alright with me if Western MA Hunter is captain.Check out Rob's team 3thread. Nevermind, I stole his words of wisdom on what should be expected of a teamcaptain. If anyone should know what a captain is... Rob should since he is the one running the contest.

" A team leader is responsible for contacting all members, being sure we are all here and following the rules. the capt is also respondsible for contacting me with questions, requests and corrections etc..... it should be someone who is here often and was part of last years contest as that person knows the way. "

My vote is for Doomsday 13.

Tim

Quick Reply: Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.