Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread >

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 13 Thread

tjf-my goodness! what a buck! I am shooting an older yet very quiet and dependable hoyt mt sport. have killed a good number of deer with it. I just got permission to hunt a piece of property that I believe a borderline pope and younger hangs out. saw him once during rifle last year. split g2 if I am not mistaken. question, is it better to shoot a smaller buck for the contest, or no buck at all, aka, if you wouldn't shoot the buck normally, would you let him go?
I'll be hunting some pretty good property and will be trying my hand at nat'l forest land here. some big bucks come off there, but not without some work.
Old 08-16-2005, 10:34 AM

Hi all, I think I will be on your team . Rob thinks he forgot to put my name on the post. We will see tonight. Anyway I live in Illinois and hunt that and wisconsin. I do not know if you have picked a name or If I am on the team or not but woke up like three weeks ago with the name "urban Legends" in my head and thought that would be a good name for a team, kind of decribes the deer and the stealthy hunter all at once. Hope I am on the team. The other name I have to offer is a saying we say to each other on our way out of camp to stand "Buck Luck"
Old 08-16-2005, 12:03 PM

I do like "Lucky 13' thats also my number for soccer(13). Mrfritzi think the banner should have a bunch ofg guys huntin out a truck with the lucky 13 on the side and with deer all around them...just an idea
Old 08-16-2005, 02:03 PM

Lucky 13 was already used last year.....
Old 08-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

NEWSHOOTER was the member that I forgot to type in when I made up the list, he was chosen/drawn in the 7th position during the drawing so good luck guys....
Old 08-16-2005, 03:37 PM

Hi guys , glad to be on the team. In the process of buying some land in wisconsin that I have been hunting. Hope that pans out. I have a 190 class running around in my back yard at home in Illinois but I am not suppose to hunt there. I might have to. We need a name and a captain. I have been bowhunting for 4 years now and have learned a ton. This is the year of the BIG buck for me I hope. I have gun hunted for 13 years till I bought a bow. So if all else fails I might have to hunt the back yard[8D]I wish I knew how to post pics I have trail cam pics and video of this 12 pointer in the yard, he is huge.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

Newshooter,

Welcome to the club. Sounds like you have some real wall hangers running around. Hope you get one this year. Again welcome.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:36 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

hoyt3

The contest is just for fun. Shoot what you want to shoot. I won't shoot one just on accountof the contest. If it isn't something I would be happy tagging otherwise then I can't see shooting it. Not saying I won't work my butt off tryingget my buck, because I plan on doing that.... contest or not.

Good luck

NEWSHOOTER

Welcome to the team.Hope it works out for youon the land deal.

Tim
Old 08-17-2005, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hoyt3... I used to shoot the MT Sport. Great bow. My father in law uses it now.
It seems lucky 13 is the winner? I do remember it being used last year as well, but I don't think that matters. You guys make the call. I like the logo idea, but I don't know anything about how to make one.
I must warn all of you... Where we hunt out here in MA & CT, we do not see many "trophy class" deer. I will kill some horn though. I am hoping for my big buck in NYS. We'll see.
Do you guys all hunt private or public land? I hunt both with a couple good friends. Had some problems w/ poaching in my CT spot. Used to see a dozen or so deer a night. Last year we saw a couple of does w/ yearlings... That's it.

Old 08-17-2005, 07:49 AM
Typical Buck

tjf, thanks for the re on the deer. I am just holding out for a good buck and will not shoot one just for the contest sake. thanks for helping me on that. I hunt primarily club and private land, but will be trying nat'l forest land this year. I know of some real pigs that come out of there.

Quick Reply: Official Team Doomsday 13 (13) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.