Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Drill it and Grill It (23) Thread >

Official Team Drill it and Grill It (23) Thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Drill it and Grill It (23) Thread

Old 08-14-2005, 01:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Official Team Drill it and Grill It (23) Thread

Team 23

208 LadyDi
42 NinerPilot
88 kcison
181 Lady Forge
183 MossMan
218 A.D.D Boy
232 mattsillusion
2 Matt/Pa
226 jesterUSCG
245 Rick Teal

Well i dont know if its official since i made it since im not a admin or mod. But my name is Caleb im 15 i live in Ohio and this is my 6th year hunting deer and 2nd year hunting with a bow. Now would everyone post saying your still in so we can request allternatives and so we can get a team name. I had a guess for one Team Droptine. If anyone has a name post it. Talk to you all later.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 23 Thread

Hey team....Kelly here, hunting for 7 years in Kentucky and last year fisrt hunt in Kansasand love this contest. We've got a long season ahead and I'm hunting in Kansas again along with my local farm in Ky. I've got high expectations for the season and promise to post a good buck.
Old 08-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well well well.............team 23 huh?
Ok who doesn't know me yet? Anyone?

A little bio, I'm 33 yrs old, I've been a Huntingnet member for way too long (I actually lost well over 4000 posts in the various Huntingnet software changes.,
Ive been bowhunting for 20 years, 40+ deer taken, but nothing "Big" yet although I had a few chances the last 2 years in Nebraska and Illinois at 150+" animals but it just didn't happen. I have a few honey spots that I am really counting on this season here in PA to cough a good one up.
I should be good for SOMETHING to enter anyway.
Anyway, I'm also a competitive 3D shooter and did pretty well this season in HC in ASA and IBO. Here's some highlights from this2005 seasonso you guys know you can at least count on my shooting ability.
1st Harrisburg Eastern Sport Show 3D Challenge
1st ASA National Pro-Am, Harrisburg PA
1st IBO PA State Championships
2nd ASA PA State Championships
2nd MD IBO State Championships
3rd IBO 2nd Leg of the National Triple Crown
3rd IBO World Championships ,Snowshoe WV.
If anyone needs any tips on shooting, equipment, 3D or whatever please give me a yell and if I can help a teammate I will.

I'll try to think up some clever names tonight and will run them by you guys tomorrow........you do the same and we'll vote on them ASAP after everyone checks in.
Should we have a Team Captain?
Looks like we might also have a few young guys and a couple ladies on the team......very cool.
Good luck to all my teammates,
Old 08-14-2005, 11:35 PM

Im Chris... I live in Middle TN and hunt all over the state. This is my 2nd year of serious bowhunting. Last year I used my PSE Lightning Flight II and misseda bigone that jumped the string big time. Well this year Im in the woods with my new Switchback soI cant use that excuse this year. Looking foward to seeing some bigguns this year.
Chris
Old 08-15-2005, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Hello everyone, I'm Chris. This is my second year bow hunting and I'm hoping it will be a great one. Last year a got a nice little buck but this year I'm hoping for something a little bigger. My season opens on the 15 of Sept... so lets see what happens.

Chis
Old 08-15-2005, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lady Forge Checking In....I also like Matt am a big competitive 3D shooter, I just got back from Columbus Georgia this morning from the ASA Championship Classic.... This lady did goodddddddd
Here are a few of my 3d tournament results,

IllinoisCamp Cender Benifit 3D Shoot 2004= Top Flight/ 1st place
ASA Illinois State Qualiifier 2005 ...1st place
ASA Illinois State Qualifier 2004 ...1st place
ASA ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...2003= 1st place
ASA ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...2004= 1st place
ASA ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPIONSHIP...2005= 1st place
ASA Illinois Mathews Pro/Am 2003= 8th place
ASA Illinois Mathews Pro/Am 2005= 10th place
ASA World Championship Classic 2004= 10th place
ASA World Championship Classic2005=2ND PLACE etc
Matt; we must have crossed paths at some ASA Shoot?????
I have been Bowhunting for I guess 6 or 7 years now , and they have been the best years of my life!!!!!! I took with my bow last year a 160lb doe, a Possum, a Turkey and a NICE 8 Point Buck... my best so farand passed on many smaller bucks. I will be bowhunting Champaign, Vermillion and Brown Counties Illinois
So far I am looking at a few great looking bucks for this year, one paticular 8 point that aluded me last season with 3 close calls and 174 class double drop tine buck that gave me a one time show but alas it was not to be repeated.... Season opens here in Illinois on October 1st..... I'm ready to GRIP IT AND RIP IT..... DRILL IT AND GRILL IT[8D]I hunt on average 3 to 4 days a week... somebody in the family has to do it , might as well be me
Now dont wig out boys... this lady can climb a tree like a squirrel and weather a nasty storm in a tree stand pretty well for a old Lady( heck I got kids older than some of you [:@])
Hoping to score some decent points for our team this year.
So bring on the name ideas Matt.
Deborah

Old 08-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Deborah.........wow, I guess we have a couple shooters on our team anyway!
The only ASA I shot this year other than the States was the Pro/Am leg in Harrisburg.
In fact that was my very first "Big" tournament of anykind. I've been shooting forever but this was my very first year of actual competition. Didn't do too badly I guess.
I'll be moving up to MBR / Unlimited for 2006 for my 2nd year of competitive shooting.

By the way.........I kinda like the team name "Drill it and Grill it"
Old 08-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man i feel like the worst hunter well "bowhunter" on this team lol. As long as a big buck dosnt walk in front of me during muzzy or shotgun season ill wait for my bow. im taking the first decent doe i see tho. I think our team has it to win this year. So anythoughts on names?
Old 08-15-2005, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Drill it and Grill it" sounds good to me. anyone else. ill try to make a little banner thing with our names on it and see if you guys like.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:07 PM
Fork Horn

Ha I kind of like that... Drill and Grill it... Works for me.

Quick Reply: Official Team Drill it and Grill It (23) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.