Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow)
 Official Team Timber Stalkers (11) thread >

Official Team Timber Stalkers (11) thread

Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team Timber Stalkers (11) thread

Old 09-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 11 Thread

Thanks guys. It was my first muzzleloader deer, so I was happy about that. I was suprised how many deer I saw. I have a spot on the river with about 300 acres of mixed timber and hidden fields. I just was walked from one to another in the early morning. Theyare still in there summer patterns ofvisiting the food plots. Saw a group eating on every field. I actually passed of a couple easy shots on a large doe with young twins, in each of the first 2 field, and on the 3rd field saw a group of 5 does(2 big, 3 young). So I decided that by taking on of the old ones, the fawns(which didn't have spots)would be fine. The bucks I saw were all young ones.

Saw a couple nice rub lines when dragging the doe out. One rub was about 6" across. Was happy to see that figuring it's so early forthe bucksto be doing much at all. Archery opens Oct 1st, and will be out hunting on the 2nd weekend(after the WY hunt).

Thanks Rob... Welcome to the team, Talondale!
Old 09-22-2005, 08:08 PM

Welcome Talondale. What do you have in store for this season?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys,
Thanks for taking me on board. I live in the mountains of VA and have a 30 acre farm that backs up to a large mountain and a couple of other private land areas to hunt around here plus the National Forests that surround me. I do a little bit of hunting out east as well but that's limited this year because of travel constraints. I won't be able to add corn-belt class bucks but 110"-130" class buck isn't uncommon around here if I can connect. Hope I can add something to the team but to be honest I'm not drawing on anything unless it's at least in the 110" range. I hope a big one will come down when my chestnuts ripen in the next couple weeks but I haven't seen much out of the woods this year but a bear. My season starts Oct 1.
Happy Hunting All!
Old 09-23-2005, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a piebald spike a mile and a half from my house two evenings ago on the way home from a 3D shoot. If he wonders by my stand I may have to let an arrow go on him for his hide.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:18 PM

Weather is looking good for later this week in my area. Hi's in the 60's and low's in the 40's. Deer should be up and moving alot more.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

They're predicting low's in the 50's and high's in the low 70's this weekend, but they can't get it right here more than one day out. First chestnuts have started dropping and had 5 does walk into the back yard while I was practicing! I'm raking them up so they'll last farther into the bow season. Going to ration them out once the season starts and wait in the woods for them to start heading down to my farm.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:19 AM

Hey Guys, just checking back in. My puter has been down so I haven't been on lately.I'm leaving the 28th for a bear hunt so I'll miss our opener on the 1st.I don't get to excited until the rut anyway,but I just put a trail cam on a scrape thats been opened up. Good luck to all
Old 09-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you all also. I'm heading out early tomarrow morning and driving to Wyoming. Season opens Saturday. Can't wait to go chase some speed goats. See you all in about a week.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:22 PM

Good luck with the Lopes Ks.What are you shootin at them?
Old 09-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got a trailcam picture of a 110" class 8 pointer. Not a bruiser but a good way to start the season and put us on the board. Hopefully he'll walk by me Saturday and present a shot.

Quick Reply: Official Team Timber Stalkers (11) thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.