Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

QUESTIONS

Old 06-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default QUESTIONS

I know for hunting KS than moving to montana, that there is huge difrances on antlers to where you live.With this in mind will there be things done to make the playing field more level? Maby like making the teams members from diftant areas of the usa. Like west,central,east just draw guys/ladys from each area to be on a team.I am very sure if a team of central us get together they will do very very good.and if a team from CA will do very bad.

Do you have to kill the buck where you live? Or is it just the 1st buck you kill any where in the usa?

I think this is a great deal you are doing for the site.I would like to thankyou.
CHARLES BRADFORD
Old 06-26-2005, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: QUESTIONS

Teams are randomly selected. You would be surprised from the results from last year. It wasn't the big boys from the mid west who won as everyone thought they would. It was the teams who had a number of smaller bucks to go along with a good buck who finished well.

The 3 top producing states last year for inches was #1Ohio #2 Illinois #3 Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania harvested the highest # of bucks of any state in the contest.

It is the first buck you take no matter your legal limit or how many states you may hunt. It must be harvested via fair chase.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:33 PM

It is the first buck you take no matter your legal limit or how many states you may hunt. It must be harvested via fair chase.
Though if I remember right, you could not enter any buck taken on an outfitted hunt.
Old 06-26-2005, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Though if I remember right, you could not enter any buck taken on an outfitted hunt.
That was voted on and I thought we agreed to not allow outfitter bucks into the contest either.

I guess the vote didn't count thoughthere was at least one buck from an outfitted hunt that was entered that I know of. No biggie we just need to figure out the rules and post them preseason for all to see and agree with. Have the rules in place before signups start. By signing up you agree to all rules thatare posted.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:20 PM

I think it's something that needs to be voted on again this year then. I don't believe that outfitted bucks should be allowed into the contest. IMO anyhow.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

How ever it goes it goes. It don't really bother me either way.....
Old 06-26-2005, 09:12 PM

Honestly, it doesn't really matter that much to me either considering how few deer were actually entered last year.
Old 06-27-2005, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Outfitter bucks were allowed last year, I don't even believe it was even voted on. They should be allowed this yearas well. I can't believe it would even be consideredto notallow them.
Old 06-27-2005, 11:09 PM
Typical Buck

I dont think paying to kill a big buck is what it is all about.I think a voat on the people in the contest should deside.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:04 AM

Outfitter bucks should be allowed.... If not, then all bucks in the mid west should not be allowed.... After all, we all know how easy it is to kill a buck in Illinois right? I mean I've spent 10 days in a stand in IL and could have killed 5 bucks... Sounds stupid right? Same as outlawing outfitter hunts..... BTW, I will not be hunting with an outfitter.

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.