HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Xbow wars
Thread: Xbow wars
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2007, 08:02 AM
awshucks
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Xbow wars

Guys, I just copied a post from the brougha in NJ, kinda long, but it was made by one of those 75% guys who is able to think for himself and I wanted ya'll to see it, if interested.

I have my own thoughts and opinions that are influence by many different viewpoints and observations. I assure you I know more about what my motivations are and the thoughts that are going on inside my head than you do. Sorry that you are insulted. But it doesn't take a whole lot of intelligence to see what is going on here. And I still hold that the two main characteristics that are at the root of this debate are GREED or IRRATIONAL FEAR FROM NOT TRULY KNOWING ALL THE FACTS (facts are something you hold dear, right?!). Fear in losing something that was exclusively yours and that now you have to share. I don't think you or I (yes, ME included) can HONESTLY predict the impact of the crossbow until it happens or is implemented - so I guess we are on even ground regardless of your years of knowing it all. We would have to be mind readers and understand people's motivations without fault and be able to predict the future. Are you good with tea leaves? I don't think either of us can really be 100% sure how crossbows will affect a hunt until we attempt to hunt with one (must be great that you now how successful you would be with a weapon you never hunted with before...maybe you are a mind reader!). Some here look at other states and statistics, but yet still acknowledge for other sides of the argument that other states aren't NJ. Maybe there needs to be a trial entry with feedback to safely measure the impact. Also, those that say what can you gain if crossbows are the same as compounds...Why fight for them?...well, the opposite can be said why fight for them to be out of bow season? Let's say people fight for them to be in because they feel them to be the same as compounds. They probably fight because they truly believe that. I guess you fight because you don't believe that so why make that a fact in your side of the argument if you don't truly believe it? Anyway, I said I was done chiming in...most likely this is the last time...because I am sounding like a broken record. In the end, if someone wants to use a crossbow to hunt in the season I hunt in, as long as they are safe, I would gladly share the season as that is the gentlemenly and sportsmen thing to do. You can continue to try to keep people out...I choose to share.