HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - deer population decline 2a+2b
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 07:13 PM
findinbone

Default RE: deer population decline 2a+2b

I hunt exclusively 2a.I spend alot of time in the off season shed antler hunting.I personally believe this is the best form of scouting a person can do.I also hunt exclusively on public land (GAMELANDS).If a person puts the time and effert into it like I do they can get there deer every year.In the 3 years I have hunted Pa I have killed two 12 points and an 8 point.I think if you buy your doe tags you should be able to fill them at any time during the season or dont fill them at all.By the way Pa is the only state I have hunted where you have to buy a doe tag seperately.While Iagree I see less does now than I did when I first hunted here.They do seem to come out of hiding when I'm shed hunting Feb thru Apl.I believe there is so much pressure on them they simply stay hidden and go nocturnal.I also think that with the buck to doe ratio in check tactics like rattling and using scents are more effective.I did'nt live here when yall had the old draconian hunting doe season and I dont really want to experience it so I hope it stays like it is.