HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - wtb cheap turkey broadheads!!
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Onestringer
Fork Horn

Default RE: wtb cheap turkey broadheads!!

Give the guy a break!! Just a word of friendly advise, practice shooting without the sights. you may surprise yourself at how good you are. I've shot with sights and peeps, etc for YEARS!!! Picked up trad a while back with my husband (the true onestringer) and found that I was better than I ever thought I would be. Just a little confidence. My husband has always shot barebow and can outshoot just about anyone I know.

Also, take your setup to a local bow shop and have them help you get it ready to go...they'll often tune you up for no charge (if you find the right place). I applaud you for attempting to turkey hunt with a bow. I have tried and find that I am much more successful with my shotgun. I also know a lot of other seasoned hunters who won't even try to hunt a turkey with a bow, because the birds are so skiddish. So good for you.

I'll take a look in my supplies later today and see if I can come up with any broadheads...unfortunately, I just buy 'BROADHEADS'...didn't know there were specific ones for turkey hunting, they all make the kill. How many grains do you need? I may have some 75 grain muzzys somewhere. Oh, and I'll hook you up with some arrow wraps just because you deserve it for keeping your cool with some of the responses you've gotten.

The hunting community I am a part of is a supportive group of people who are interested in encouraging "kids" (and I use that term in relation to my own age...not a kid anymore) to get out there and hunt.

Where do you live, I may be able to hook you up with a bow shop that will help you get ready.

email me at [email protected]

or PM me if you want.

thanks,

Mindy Hesterly