HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tuning problems
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 01:24 PM
GeneRagulsky

Default Tuning problems

OK, I know that there are different opinions on paper tuning, but I want to paper tune my bow. I am shooting an 06 Switchback XT, 29" draw set at 65lbs. I Have a trophy ridge fall away rest.
Here is what I am having a problems with: On the paper, my point is entering to the right of the vanes. I have read and completely understand the Eastons how to tune manual, so I should know how to fix the problem. But none of that is working. Well it is but it is causing other things to go wrong. When I move the rest to get the "bullet" hole, I no longer have any clearance with the riser for broad heads, also I max out my sight adjustment and still need more.
I have shot Vapor 4000 and Easton Axis 340's. I can get both to tune, but then I still have the other problems.
Any ideas or suggestions?
Should have mentioned what prompeted this... When I am shooting, I can see my nock and vanes yaw to the left on the way to the target, they do snap back and enter the target straight, but I know they are bleeding off all sorts of speed and energy when they do.