HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyotes
Thread: Coyotes
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007, 06:48 AM
younggun308
Nontypical Buck

Default Coyotes

Hey guys, yesterday, on Saturday, I was out in Lincoln county, TN, scouting and looking to pattern turkeys, we got out there, and we decidednot to take our rifles with us, which we normally do.

Anyway,we got in the blinds ona hill over a cornfield, heard abunch of clucks and gobblesthat were less than a mile away, but we couldn't see them, and they were getting farther away, so me, my uncle, my dad, and a hunting buddy decided to leave the blinds and stalk the turkeys to see where they are, so we followed a creek where there was some cover for about 200 yards, and we got to the tree line of the trees on the creek, and right in front of there was a 275 yard clearing, and there was a small strip of trees beyond it, and then there was50 yard clearing past that,and past thatare some woods,and wecouldhear the hensclucking like crazy from there, but we couldn't see them.

So,we decide togo down closer to the creek,in order to wind around and see if we'll be able to see them at another angle.

But when we're still in the cover of the trees before we reach the bank, we see three coyotes across the river 100 yards away!two of them normal size, but the third one was HUGE the biggest coyote I've ever seen. If we had our guns, two of them would've been toasted!

We went back to the truck and got our guns, but we never did see those coyotes again.

We did some shotgun patterning, rifle shooting in field conditions, fired a crossbow, and set up a stand.

After this experiance, I'm so pumped for the opening of Turkey season on the 31st! I might get a chance to go hunting them next Saturday, on the statewide youth hunt. I'm also pumped for deer season this fall!