HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Toronto Sportsman Show
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007, 04:17 PM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: Toronto Sportsman Show

Imposible I do not expect for everything to work perfectly all the time. In just the nature of production, there can be failures. That is why I look for great service in a company I do business with.

About limbs and your comment "limbs usually break after a lot of shots" is not really true. If the limbs are made properly and of great quality, they would last longer then you if you look after it properly. That is not to dryfire, as dryfires put stresses onto the limb that the limb is not ment to sustain. That is another reason the compounds suffer more on dryfires then the recurve because they have more weight on the end of the limbs putting greater streses on the limbs. You need the arrow to absorb most of the energy from thelimb to prevent the limb from trying to turn itself backwards. Todays bows (paired limbs) will survive betterr then the older single limb bows in a dryfire as the single llimb does not have the break between the limbs to help disapate the energy.

Even in saying all that above, my single limb has lassted over 25 years with no problems and I know of others that have lasted longer then that. There are also many others that shoot their excaliburs an extreme amount each year with no problems with their limbs. Failres in a limb is usually casued by a flaw or mistreatment, that is plain and simple. Wear should never be a factor in a limb.