HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I would like to do a test with your help
Old 03-16-2007, 05:39 AM
peakrut
Bartender

Default I would like to do a test with your help

I read recently due to most hunter not having time to scout or very minimal scouting that they use a topo and satalite maps to do this for them and it works well. I have a challange for you all. It might help if the mods put this up top. I pretty much have 7-8 straight days this fall to hunt gun season in a 9 day season here in Wisconsin. So what I need is 14-16 hunters here from this post to look at a satalite map that I post and pick a stand for me to use this fall. Anywhere within this area I will have outlined. Only 1 stand picked per hunter. I will use one in the morning and then a different stand in the afternoon. I will point out some swamp areas on this map.
I will point out where the land goes from kind of flat to the hills.
This land is county land and timber company land so yes it is public land.
I will point out where some of the private land is also. If you need zoomed
in spots please let me via pm and will send them to you. I just want to try something different this year. If this is to many hunters for my test then I will pick 8 and have them pick a morning stand and a evening stand.

After the hunts and the 9 day season is over I will post here my results.
How the day went, conditions, pictures from each stand et....

Let me know your thoughts?

Tony (peakrut)
P.S.-im not trying to be lazy. This area will be my 23rd year hunting gun season.