HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - looking for a reveiw on the stoeger condor 12 g over and under?
Old 03-13-2007, 10:40 AM
Volf
Spike

Default RE: looking for a reveiw on the stoeger condor 12 g over and under?

I have Steger Condor Supreme (a little fancier gloss stock that 299.00 model and selective trigger)
I would not recommend this O/U (from my own personal experience.) When I bought it 2 or 3 years ago, I was a happy man, it was a well balanced, good finish and wood, and I was able to get 23-24 out of 25 the first time I was shooting trap. I also had a great hunting experience with it, the first year. After putting 200-300 rounds through it I got my first misfire. Well, I cleaned it well and one box later another misfire, then one more, sounded like too weak hit or spring issue. I was advised to change ammo and I did from Remington to Winchester and Federal, but it continue misfire the lower barrel. When I missed 2 pheasants, simply because it did not fire, I took it back to store for repair. It was under warranty, but it took them 6 month to get some little part from Brazil and fix it. I got it back and before take it to the field, again I ran 2 more boxes though it, after 1st one, it refused to fire…again. I took it back to store, they mess with it again, meanwhile, I bought almost new Browning o/u ( simply –love it). As soon as I got it back, even without a 3rd chance I put it for sale in that store for 385.00 (I paid 480.00 for it), 7 month later it’s still for sale
L Maybe I just got a lemon, but looked like gunsmith already new what’s going on with theses “ budget” deal. I would recommend looking somewhere else. I have a feeling that Turkish made CZ o/u and Mossberg o/u would not be much better in quality. See if you can find used quality products by : Weatherby, SKB, Browning, Beretta and other Italian brands.