Thread: Canned hunts
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 01:36 PM
NEW61375
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Canned hunts

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Just to clarify ... and I am sure Wash agrees with this .... I would not pay to do a canned hunt. If, however, I won a ALL expenses paid hunt in a high fence area, I would most definitely go .... not for bragging rights, just to go. You that hunt pheasant preserves are doing the same ... farm raised bird, to stupid to run .... just a thought ...

Also, if some how I could hunt high fence all the time, I wouldn't ... we are talking a free "hunt" that someone won.
Exactly, Tony.

If I were offered a free "canned" hunt, I wouldn't turn it down. An opportunity to sit in a deer stand, shoot a deer, and take home the meat? Its free venison, why would I turn it down? I wouldn't turn down a free freezer full of beef either. That meat'll feed my family; for free.

I would not spend my own money on a "canned" hunt, however. And again, like Tony, I am not opposed to "canned" hunts, they just aren't for me.
That is a good point, there are many that probably don't think much of canned hunting or do it but they are probablynotnecessarily "opposed" to it either. I guess what I didn't get was if itis not for you in general, why is it suddenly for you ifit is free. Is it just because it is free? I guess Iwould understand if you really needed the meat or something but other that that what changes.