HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shot this yesterday
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 12:28 PM
Kanga
Giant Nontypical

Default Shot this yesterday

What an awesome thing to shoot, I was total control the whole time and had a complete blast.

The hunt was long and the stalk was atotal adrenalin (sp) rush at any given time if I had of been winded or spotted it would have been history for me and my fellow hunters.

I finally got a shot off aftermore than 5 hours stalking itat 55 yards with a perfect double lung shot, blood was every where and the tracking was very easy.

I have been told that these animals are the hardest to hunt just because of the sheer danger, they will kill a human on sight or smell, We had to have the wind in our face the whole time but because the wind was swirling it was not easy to do but we got the job done also there was very little in the way of cover and most of the time we where out in the open moving an inch at a time just so we would not get picked off.

Oh yes there was some buck fever or butt pucker I am not sure of which yet.

Am going to get a full body mount done but will have to add another room to the house with a tall ceiling just so we can fit it in

Anyway here is the pic I hope you all enjoy it as much as I did hunting it.

Oh I forgot we have to go back and get a Bulldozer to drag it out with there was just no way we could have dragged it out even after gutting him out.