HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - shorter arrows
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 07:40 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: shorter arrows

It will change the spine of the arrow and you will have to shoot them to see how it does. The difference will be with fixed blade broad heads. You may have to increase your tip weight or bump up your poundage some to make them spine right. Unless your other arrows were on the verge of being weak on spine.

Chances are it won't effect much at all, but you will never know unless you shoot them.

There is no such thing as too long or too short of an arrow in my book. The right length is the length that spines right for your set up and particular arrow size. I shoot longer than normal arrows because I want that arrow size and that gives me the correct spine at the draw weight I want to shoot.

Nothing wrong with too short of an arrow either as long as it doesn't fall of the rest when you draw it back. The only bad thing about a short arrow is you would need some sort of overdraw (most drop a ways have a small amount of overdraw to them). This would make your bow slightly less forgiving and would require better form on your part. I have shot 21 inch arrows out of a 26 inch draw bow before, and shot them pretty well I might add for 20 yards spots.

Paul