HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best learned lessons from 2006
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007, 10:50 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best learned lessons from 2006

What did you [as a hunter] learn during your 2006 season(s)?
You can never know an area too well. While I likean aggressive approach to hunting, I need to get even more aggressive.

Because of what you learned, how are you approaching the 2007 season differently?
Pay even moreattention to an area while shedhunting and scouting to access it better when hunting. Since I hunt on the ground andhunt right outside their bedding area... getting in and setting up with out getting detected isimportant. I missed a lot of oppertunities to hunt a certain buck because I overlooked away of getting intohis staging area when the wind wasn't right for other approaches.

I like hunting aggressive but smart to not blow an area. I wasn't aggressive enough last year. I need to pick up the aggressive part a bit more while still hunting smart.

What equipment purchases will shape how you approach this season? (GPS, new bow, range finder, etc.)
I picked up a rip-cord drop away rest. I needed a rest thatwill keep my arrow where it needs to be whether crawling, stalking, laying on the ground and ect... for my ground hunting.

A range finder. I keep my shots to 35 yards and under so I really didn't need it. But it is nice to know the exact yardage.

Tim