HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting "Big Woods"--Pointers??
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007, 05:35 PM
dandbuck
Fork Horn

Default RE: Hunting "Big Woods"--Pointers??

Funny you should say take the girls there--- I'm taking them this weekend so my wife can do some painting in the house, (i built the wall, drywalled and texture, it's her turn right)? Problem is my girls are gonna be 5 and 2, just a bit hard to keep quiet in the stand. I do hunt areas of creek bottoms, and thick stuff, just can't seem to get a lot of movement during daylight hours. Every deer I get is full of corn, so someone has bait piles around, and up there I'm sure it makes them nocturnal. Rifle season I have only seen 1 guy in the last 12-15 years out there, so the pressure is not near me. Couple years ago I had just sent my gun down on a rope and had a dandy come thru chasing two does, I'll bet the look on my face was priceless! Heard something else following and pulled the 7mm up real quick and chambered a round just in time to have a little basket rack 8 point stop about 50 yrds out. I let him pass and shot a 16" 10 pointer back near the shack that night, so all ended well, but the first was a real wall hanger,course that 10 point is right behind me on the wall as I type.
Well, gotta run, maybe we need to meet at the Sportsland sometime this fall.
dandbuck