HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?
Old 03-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Buckeye Tom

Default RE: I'm Engaged....will i ever bowhunt again?

I hope you have better luck than me. Prior to the engagement and "I do", October thru January was dedicated to the woods. Family knew that I would not be at the table for Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner or birthday celebrations ( my b-day is the opening weekend of bow season). Things quickley changed, married put the light brakes on and children locked the brakes up! I have had to hone my scouting skills and I am more diligent in the stand. I don't take too many mental breaks on standand I rarely come out of the stand early. I look at every moment in the stand as precious time and try not to waste any of it. Oddly enough the quantity of opportunities has decreased but the quality has definitely increased. The past 6 seasons I have killed my buck during the first three weeks of Oct. and 3 have been opening day. Next season should be interesting, I have a boy (I think) due Sept.29th.

Helpful Hint: When there is a day coming up that I definitely want to be in the woods, I make myself so annoying to her that see practically begs me to get out of the house. You can't use it every time, but it is my ace in the hole.