HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Picture of my new wall decoration......
Old 03-07-2007, 01:07 PM
Matt / PA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Picture of my new wall decoration......

Matt,You will have to find out from the taxidermist if the horn sheaths were removed and replaced with an adehesive. If they were the d-1 measurement cannot exceed the d-2 measurement. Meaning that the measurement of the base will be entered as the second circumference. This could cost you a couple of inches in the official measureing process.

Either way, nice goat, I wouldn't have passed that one up.
So in other words I might be out of luck getting him scored officially now.

Also when they slide the horns back on do they sit lower on the base after they have been worked on?
When I measured him in septemeber, I looked at the sheet last night both sides were over 13" (one was 13 1/8" the other 13 2/8") I measured him a dozen times and came up with those numbers everytime.

I threw a tape on him quick last night and didn't have time to really check as I was running to answer the phone LOL but on a quick check of the left horn I couldn't get 13"!?
How much do these puppies shrink?[:-]

In any eventhe's great and exactly what I was hoping to pull off.......I just wish I could go EVERY year. These things could be addicitive, they are so visible its so much fun after you sit in a blank eastern woodlot day after day staring 30 yards into teh thick brush at squirrels.