HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Public Service Announcement, re: a way to avoid potential DRYFIRE
Old 03-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Hoytail Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Public Service Announcement, re: a way to avoid potential DRYFIRE

Well, the only way that I can reallykeep this from happening is to sky or skyline the bow (not sure which is the right term) when drawing. This forces me to pull down and sort of away from the arrow nock. If I hold the bow straight out in front of me and pull back slowly, it'llforce the eliminator button to squish about 3 quarter way through the draw cycle andcausethe release and arrow to make contact. This then as described, pushes up on the arrow nock and forces it a little off the string. Holding for another 10-15 seconds, you can see the arrow being "spit out" by the release pushing up on the eliminator button.

One thing I was concerned about was that this first happened on a 2 year old arrow. I suspected that the nock might just be worn out and loose so I tried one of my brand new CX maxima 3-D selects and... same thing.

Anyway, I'm not taking any chances soI'm going with a short as possible D-loop. Oh btw- would anyone suggest using a single brass nock to keep the string loop from moving up? or is that not necessary?