HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shed hunting
Thread: Shed hunting
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Buck Magnet

Default RE: Shed hunting

I found 4 so far, but that was only in one day. I let my game cameras do most of my shed hunting for me. They really help to tell you when/where a buck dropped its antlers. I had pics of a buck walking down a trail towards my camera and he had just shed his antler. I went back and walked up the trail he was comming from and within a few minutes there it was starring at me just laying on top of the snow. It is tough here in PA but some of the best places to look are around pines. The deer really seem to herd up around x-mas trees and large stands of pines in the winter as it provides them a good shelter from the snow. If you can find a large stand of pines with some deadfalls in it you have got it made.

Finding sheds takes alot of time and IMO is harder than scouting out a buck to shoot. You gotta think, if you have a dozen bucks on your property that is only 24 total sheds on the whole property and thats saying they all dropped them on that property. Its kinda like finding a needle in a haystack.