HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shed hunting
Thread: Shed hunting
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Piebalddoe

Default Shed hunting

My best friend owns quite a few acres (about a hundred) and in the backyard about 100 yards directly behind the house, is a small field with woods surrounding it. She feeds the deer there with a container of corn set out every other day,and I see nothing but does and button bucks come to it during the day time. I am at her house a lot and this weekend I had the idea to take a long walk around the property and look for sheds. My friend said there are bucks that come to the feeder but only when it starts to get dark. So far I have searched many of the main deer trails, and found no antlers yet. I can't believe it. I looked in every bedding area and on every creek crossing and deer trail going through low hanging brush, and have not found a single antler. I'm planning to go back there and search as much as I can.

I've seen all the posts you guys made with the pics and all the sheds you found, looks like everyone else is having a lot more luck than me. You guys out west are lucky with all those sheds you find.

How are the people in PA doing?