HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Picture of my new wall decoration......
Old 03-05-2007, 11:29 AM
Elkcrazy8
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Picture of my new wall decoration......

ORIGINAL: pigiron

Yea, I guess I did! I enjoy allwild game,(exept for antelope now)and was no doubt exited to get home from the trip to eat some antelope and mule deer.(took a couple nice mules out there too) Loved the mule deer, but almost heaved from the antelope! The only thing I could have guessed happened is that the butcher shop gave me meat from someones elses kill. Apparantly it does happen. I could have got an antelope that was full bore runnin before he was shot, or all worked up with adrenaline. It's said it'll skunk the meat.
Did you get it skinned right away? If you don't and get hair on the meat, they WILL taste bad. We skin ours right away and get them into a cooler of ice, of course it is usually 90 or so out. The goat gets skinned first and then gutted last to keep loose hair from getting on the meat.

Nice goat and nice mount Matt. Mine should be coming home soon too. I am heading to both Wyoming and Montana this year, along with Idaho. I am adicted to antelope.........