HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A good day, a very good day.......
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2007, 01:02 AM
MLKeith
Typical Buck

Default RE: A good day, a very good day.......

Is your .54 Hawken like the T/C Hawken which has abigger barrel than the .50? I bought a .50 barrel for my .54 T/C Hawken but had to go with a larger across the flats GM barrel. The T/C is a full inch in the .54 so to match a .50 to the rifle I had to order the special GM full inch .50 barrel. Usually the .50 is only 15/16 inch across the flats. I also bought the full 32 inch barrel with the one in 70 to shoot round ball in some competition and in .50 with the full inch width the rifle is very heavy now. Just information for you to check before ordering a barrel. I decided to keep both barrels for my rifle so that I can shoot either as I desire. If I ever had to go shoot in one of the traditional states the .54 would cover anything I wanted to shoot. Lucky for me I live in Arizona and we are allowed anything except smokeless as long as it has one barrel and loads from the front. Scopes are legal (lucky for me as iron sights don't work with my eyes), sabots, conicals, closed breech, 209, etc. all good. Our hunts are listed "muzzleloader" not "traditional" or "primitive".