HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - NRA does do for hunters....
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 08:36 AM
quiksilver
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: NRA does do for hunters....

Shooting Sports Camps....$327,778
Last I checked, shooting sports camps promote recreational shooting sports, not hunting.

FFA.....................................$390,945
Smallbore recreational shooting competitions - again, not hunting.

Range Development...........$7,599,681
Gun ranges for shooting enthusiasts. I can't hunt at the gun range. Maybe you can, but I can't.

4-H Clubs............................$6,019,412
Nice for the agricultural kids - again - not hunting-related.

Boy Scouts of America......$3,186,955
Again, nice for the kids, maybe tangentially promoting conservation, but Boy Scouts aren't a hunting organization.

NRA Youth Hunter Education Challenge...$892,230
More veiled attempts to promote shooting sports and convince the standard outdoorsmen that the NRA cares about hunting. Cost/benefit campaign aimed at raising $$ and convincing guys like you that the NRA is a hunting rights group.
__________________________________________________ ________________________________

Failed again, Trykon. As much as you hate to admit it, you know that I'm right. The NRA is a second Amendment rights group. Nothing more, nothing less.

The mere fact that a few NRA officers serve a dual role on other boards that DO promote hunting/conservation proves my point. If the NRA was so great for hunters, those guys wouldn't have to serve in a dual capacity.

...and just so you know, the NRA, no matter how much they like to toot the horn, they never "passed" anything or "Stopped" anything. That's legislators making decisions based on voting demographics. Frankly, it bothers me that the NRA claims to have "passed" any laws - seriously, how stupid do they think we are?

I'm not saying that the NRA doesn't support gun rights, believe me, they do. You just keep trying to paint the zebra brown and call it a horse. Look at what they're doing - promoting SHOOTING. Shooting and Hunting are two very different things. Obviously, they're not mutually exclusive, but they're different. You just can't seem to get over that fact, Trykon.

It's this simple: If you want to support hunting, you joint a hunting/conservation lobby. If you want to support the second amendment, you join the NRA. If you're joining the NRA thinking that they're saving your deer season, you're sorely mistaken.

Let it die man. You're wrong, and you know it.