HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Self Defense Ammo?
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 05:37 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Self Defense Ammo?

any good hollow point should work. everyone has their favorites...though how many got to test them? besides accuracy lol. thats what it would come down to. the best hollow point, that functioned flawlessly and shot where i pointed it.

biscuit jake..thats not very good advice for self defense/CCW IMO. hard ball isnt going to expand...and it isnt going to stop. you might kill your target...but you also got to worry about the world behind your target. innocent bystanders in a store or public setting, your wife if bed...your kids in the next room etc...the only thing hardball is good for is cheap target practice IMO..ill take a good hollow point made to expand and not pass through the whole house..shotguns are great in the house..but i never understood that 00 buckshot..thats going to rip through dry wall as well..i think a stiff turkeyload or small buckshot at less than 10yds will drop someone like a stone..but thats me..i just think to much...but thinking about loved ones all around you is important..