HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbow Haters
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM
GrumpyTom
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow Haters

Joe if I am remembering correctly, it was in 1967 that compounds were developed, and pattened in 1969. At that time, there was such an uproar about compounds it was basically the same as what the crossbows are up against now. For years and years, Pope & Young refused to recognize any deer shot with the compound. Even today, they have a limit for what poundage you are allowed to have for a let off with the compound.

The real funny thing about this is, that if you point all of this out to the compound shooters, they say that it is totally different because they are traditional, when in fact compounds are not a traditional piece of archery equipment at all ..... but crossbows are traditional, just look up the history of the crossbow. Many States are getting to see that this fight it is only a selfish fight with not much truth behind their claims. I have been through this fight many times before and supported my statements with historic data or stats. They totally disregard anything that disputes their claims, even when their claims have nothing to back up what they are saying. I have supplied a lot of information to one person that fought a fight to open up crossbows in his State, he won because they got tired of the untruths that the anti's were spouting.