HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PICTURES ( bought a Silvertip last night )
Old 03-01-2007, 08:39 AM
JimPic
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I can't help myself ( bought a Silvertip last night )

Buster--I know what you're going thru.For awhile,I was on a roll-filling tags with my 'curves and longbows every season.then about 5 seasons ago,I hit a nice 7pt a little far back(actually gut shot him).I wound up losing that deer-1st one I ever lost.For the next 2 seasons,I couldn't even draw back on a deer.I hunted hard,saw alot of deer and had many in my comfort range,I just couldn't pull that string back on them.I kept thinking,"what if I do that again"?
Then the one season came-opening morning-and a nice 8pt came in at 18yds.I mouth grunted to stop him and when he stopped,without hesitation,the bow arm came up,I drew and anchored and released.What I didn't realize wasmy brace height slippedand the bow twanged real loud.The buck flattened out and the arrow went right over his back.
The point is,I knew I had a good shot,I was ready to take the shot and there was no 2nd guessing myself.When the right shot presentation comes along for you-you'll know it and be confident to make it