HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Banned shotguns in Cook Co.
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
fastetti
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Banned shotguns in Cook Co.

Cook County just keeps coming up with ways to screw Sportsmen. This ban would get me extremely pissed off, but I think a lot of people wouldn't follow it. I already break down my shotgun when I bring it to my car to go hunting, everyone thinks it is a guitar anyways. I live in the wrigleyville/Lincoln Park/Old Town area and during Deer season I can be seen once or twice with a Deer on the roof of my SUV bringing it back to my townhome. When I stop to show it to my friends at a few bars or restaurants, you know who are the first people to come up and shake my hands, Cops. I have many friends that are Chicago Cops that I know and hunt with and all of them say If you have your Shotgun in your car and your hunting gear, you probably would not have to worry. Take the Handgun ban for instance in Chicago. They have been banned for years in the city, but out of the many hunting friends thatI know that have handguns and the hunting friends that they know that have handguns and so on, I have never heard of one person having there guns confiscated. These laws are made to make voters feel good, but if your not a thug or walking around showing your guns off to your neighbors, the cops aren't going to come and seize your guns. Plus, if someone breaks into my house, Im not going try to fend them off with a kitchen knife when all these thugs already have pistols. My families lives mean more than Daley making a political statement. I may move all but one gun to the suburbs during the offseason, but my shotguns are staying put from September to January and one is staying year round. Some may not like this, but im sorry, Im telling the truth for everyone I know. Cops know who they want to take guns from and honest people who hunt are people they are not going to bother. I come from a family of cops and this is how everyone feels. Also, only 7 months until Bow season opens!!!