HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Home Defense
Thread: Home Defense
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 01:33 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Home Defense

I had the rare opportunity to go duck hunting this weekend with a member of Marylands Special Ops policement (i.e. has plenty of experience with knockdown). He worked for 24 years near baltimore where its nonstop shooting action between police and felons. He said they shot a guy in Baltmore named Booker Washington, I believe 17 times with a 9mm and he still had life to fire shots. Thats hard for me to believe, but this guy is full of credibility. He said that way back when he carried a .357 revolver, they never had to fire more than 3 shots to the chest area to knock down a felon. He now works for gov. I believe and says the .40 was a big improvement over the 9mm, but he would only trust his Sig Saurer .357 Sig now. He claims its the best going for a policeman. But at his house in his drawer, he said "Do you know what I trust in the middle of the night", and pulls out a 38 special. He is right, its small, not hard to operate, easy to swing around on. Anybody can get the trigger back. It just works. A shotgun, can be complicated, large, heavy, and not easy to swing around on someone on top of you.

It was a good conversation. His stories kinda made me edgy however.